n00b question but need help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: n00b question but need help...

this should be in hardware section but bf2 doesn't take a monster comp to run
    if you get say a c2d 6300, 2gigs of ram, 7600 your good to go (you also need other stuff like hdd, mobo, etc.)

if building one intimidates you go for an Ibuypower there much cheaper then say dell's XPS line and better too

Comment

Originally posted by ZDOOBY
      this should be in hardware section but bf2 doesn't take a monster comp to run
      if you get say a c2d 6300, 2gigs of ram, 7600 your good to go (you also need other stuff like hdd, mobo, etc.)

if building one intimidates you go for an Ibuypower there much cheaper then say dell's XPS line and better too
      Ibuypower has the worst rating of any online custom computer making company, thought I would point that out.

Do not get an Emachine, get any other brand they have there.....

They can put a different vid card in, no worries.

Custom is the way to go, but if you want to buy pre-built badly enough, find a company that has a good customer service rating, and a company that will get you the best deal. www.velocitymicro.com is a fair site, and it has pretty damn high customer approval rating, up there with the best.

Comment

Originally posted by brianthebold
        Ibuypower has the worst rating of any online custom computer making company, thought I would point that out.

Do not get an Emachine, get any other brand they have there.....

They can put a different vid card in, no worries.

Custom is the way to go, but if you want to buy pre-built badly enough, find a company that has a good customer service rating, and a company that will get you the best deal. www.velocitymicro.com is a fair site, and it has pretty damn high customer approval rating, up there with the best.
        didn't know that about ibuypower but from those deals they got it looks tempting

yea by the looks of that system you should be bf2ready
        http://www.velocitymicro.com/wizard.php?iid=31 thats a good deal

builing is still cheaper though and that same system can be built for $$$ less

Comment

how about this one, what will i have to upgrade here?

Shop Acer Aspire 4200+ Desktop at Best Buy. Find low everyday prices and buy online for delivery or in-store pick-up. Price Match Guarantee.

sorry for all the stupid questions guys.(its quite embarrassing)

EDIT: okay, im looking at the minimum requirements and i think i found my pc, it matches everything, but correct me if im wrong:hmm:

Comment

Originally posted by TwixyWay
            how about this one, what will i have to upgrade here?

Shop Acer Aspire 4200+ Desktop at Best Buy. Find low everyday prices and buy online for delivery or in-store pick-up. Price Match Guarantee.

sorry for all the stupid questions guys.(its quite embarrassing)

EDIT: okay, im looking at the minimum requirements and i think i found my pc, it matches everything, but correct me if im wrong:hmm:
            Looks much better

But I would add a dedicated VC such as the 7600GT: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130062

Comment

Originally posted by JavierWar
              Looks much better

But I would add a dedicated VC such as the 7600GT: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130062

k cool, but will that VC run bf2 for the time being, i do plan on getting a new one down the road, but will this one last me a few months?

Comment

Originally posted by TwixyWay
                k cool, but will that VC run bf2 for the time being, i do plan on getting a new one down the road, but will this one last me a few months?
                You should be able to play BF2 on 1280*1024 on medium/high settings. But you also could wait a couple of weeks until the 8600GT is released (scheduled for 1Q 07). I don't know the exact price but it should be around $150US.

The 8600 will be more future proof then the 7600GT, as it will support DX10.

Comment

ok system
                  still need better graphics card

Comment

NEED or should get?

Comment

Working...
                    X