No announcement yet.

Unable to connect to Account Server???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to connect to Account Server???

Just last night, after weeks of very few issues with online play, I get an error message when trying to log into the account server. It says connection failed please check your network connections and try again later.
    Well this message occurred about 1hr after I had just finished playing a few rounds.
    I have made no changes to my network or my computer. Everything is the same as it was for the past several weeks. I have no network connection problems that I can see. Speed is great, able to load Web Pages just fine. I have a store purchased copy and am not using a no cd crack.
    Any advice would be much appreciated.

Re: Unable to connect to Account Server???

The no cd crack will most likely get you banned. Look up Mini Image and Daemon Tools here and you will find some no cd guides that will be legal.

Try updating your punk manually.

If you are wireless, check your signal strength.

Aaaand welcome to the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by |CBW|Simon
      The no cd crack will most likely get you banned. Look up Mini Image and Daemon Tools here and you will find some no cd guides that will be legal.

Try updating your punk manually.

If you are wireless, check your signal strength.

Aaaand welcome to the forums.
      Im not using a cd crack. I have the full game with cd in the computer as we speak. Signal strength is great.

I was playing with my brother last night in the same server. He is having the same problem as well, can't connect to account server.

Comment

Ahhh you said Not. Sorry . Some people suggest port forwarding, and I have heard that depending on your ISP and location, sometimes it can be the ISP.

From the tech stickie at:

Problem - Connection Refused at Login to account server
        Cause - Access blocked
        Fix - First thing to check is your firewall and anti-virus and make sure they are allowing the connection. You can try disabling them for a short period of time to see if it allows the connection. If not re-enable them.
        This issue might be your ISP switch/routing may be blocking access to www.gamespyarcade.com, if this is the case you may need to ring your ISP to check this.
        Problem - Taking along time to login
        Cause - Many
        Fix - First of it could be slow internet connection or a problem with the account server. However try this to see if it reduces the login time. Go to C:\Documents and Settings\username*\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\000*, In there find the file called general.con and make a copy of it on your desktop as a backup. Now open the general.con file in my documents with notepad, and delete all server-history and server-filter.
        GeneralSettings.setServerFilter ""
        GeneralSettings.addServerHistory

Comment

Manual update of PB had no effect. Still cant get past the login screen

Deleting server history did nothing.

Again i have been playing online with no issues and have made no changes to my computer so I am not sure why this is happening all of a sudden. And this happening to my brother who is 300 miles away from me as well.

Originally posted by crewkip
          Manual update of PB had no effect. Still cant get past the login screen

Deleting server history did nothing.

Again i have been playing online with no issues and have made no changes to my computer so I am not sure why this is happening all of a sudden. And this happening to my brother who is 300 miles away from me as well.

Works for me now but I didnt do anything to get it to work. Not sure what happened. Hopefully it continues to function.

Comment

The ***** crack will NOT get you banned, it simply won't work with BF2 online correctly without giving a general PB error.
            Your problem was far more simple than anything, the account servers were simply down or having errors. Since the day the game came out this has happened to me at least a dozen times.

In fact, it occurred the other night, same as you. The funny part about it is that if you are currently playing, you are fine until you quit the game. I know this because I am always on TS with other people trying to get in with me while I'm already playing. They cannot enter and when I leave to try myself, I am no longer able to rejoin.

So, the next time it happens just go play something else.

Comment

Yep it works again. Not sure what the problem was. Oh well

problem came back again tonight. This is getting very annoying. EA tech support is no help either.

Comment

Working...
              X