GameRail Network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GameRail Network

Has anyone else heard about this GameRail network that is in beta testing? According to the company, it will significantly lower player's pings to game servers. Right now ServerBeach is testing it with Wolf Servers being one of the GSP's participating. My servers are hosted by Wolf Servers and I've signed up for the beta test for GameRail. They are saying that once the beta testing is done, the service will cost about $15 a month. It might be worth it if your favorite servers are over 100 ping away, or if you just want to make more low ping servers available to you.

Here's GameRail's website: http://gamerail.com

Here's a video showing the ping for 3 servers being cut in half once connected to the network: http://www.gamerail.com/index.php?fa...rticle,,&id=13

Re: GameRail Network

sorry to dig up a old thread but this came up when i did a search so there was no need to start a new thread. we are also going to start using gamerail on a few of our servers so im wondering if anyone out there had any other insight on it. is it a scam? does it work? is it worth it?

i have found very few people that even know about it let alone use it so any insight from actual users would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

u have to pay for it? or is it just server side

Comment

Originally posted by [MBMG] Sike3000 View Post
        u have to pay for it? or is it just server side
        you pay each month. i think its for US users only.

Comment

The individual datacenters have to be signed up to connect to the GameRail network. Users in the US can subscribe monthly for this service. If you are a good distance from your favorite servers and frequently get pings high enough to affect your gameplay, it's worth it.

For example, if you are in the New York area and your favorite BF2 server is in Seattle and your ping is 120+, and you think this ping is affecting your game play, then this service would help you since one of the Game Rail "hubs" are in NYC.

If you are in Arizona and your favorite server is in Atlanta and you get an 85 ping, this service wouldn't help you, as you really won't be affected by this ping in most games. It would lower your ping (assuming there's a hub near your location in AZ), but the difference wouldn't affect your gameplay.

Comment

Working...
          X