Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird : installed BF2 on Vista and ATI drivers go bananas

Hi

Wondering is anyone else seeing this . I installed Vista Ultimate 32Bit , installed some apps and installed the latest CAT's for Vista etc . Installed BF2 and 1.41 patch .. I noticed when I went to right click on desktop and select Catalyst Control Panel , something flickered on screen and nothing happened, but it would launch from the taskbar ok .. weird .. so i did a reinstall of the drivers and still no difference to right click but i noticed when I went to control panel > display , i had lost the ATI interface. So , I did a reinstall of Vista (was quicker that messing about with trying to resolve this) thinking that i must have just screwed something up .

So I install Vista , install my drivers for sound card , ATI card , norton , etc .... Then I installed BF2 and the 1.41 patch again , rebooted . Same problem again , the right click on desktop // Launch ATI Control Panel option doesnt work ..

Any ideas ? I uninstalled BF2 and reinstalled teh Cat's and it made no diff .

weird or what ?

thanks
    Martin

Hi

OK I did a system restore back to the point before i installed BF2 , it completed succesfully , logged back into Vista and now my ATI drivers are working correctly .

How can BF2 or its patch effect the drivers like that ?

Should I installed BF2 and patch it and THEN install the ATI drivers ?

Thanks guys
    Martin

Re: Weird : installed BF2 on Vista and ATI drivers go bananas

I couldn't even get my BF2 Installed on my Vista. Well I did, and then ran it and it didnt do anything so I tried to update to 1.41 and it said couldn't find install directory.

Comment

Re: Weird : installed BF2 on Vista and ATI drivers go bananas

I have BF2 running no probs on Vista Ultimate 64bit.

To make bft work you need to right-click the BF2 icon, choose Properties, and then in the Compatibility tab check the box that says "Run this program as an administrator."

here is a good link http://www.extremetech.com/article2/...1968998,00.asp

Comment

Working...
      X