Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First Experience With PR

Mao Valley

My squad was attacking Black Hawk Wreck.

I start running, not knowing there is a huge cliff in front of me that I have to climb down.

I see a LB about 100m away, and call out, "Hey, I need a ride!" And to my amazement, he said "You got it", and promptly picked me up and dropped me off at BH Wreck. He wasn't even in my squad. Now that's teamwork you NEVER find in vBF2. I think you guys just sold me a lot more playing time with this mod.

Re: My First Experience With PR

you should sign up to our forums

Comment

I was actually going to do that earlier. But I decided to play more, instead.

Comment

The LB on Mao Valley is best used for spotting enemies from above, or flown by a SL who can fly, with his troops all going SF and spawning in one by one and jumping where necessary.

In all those trees I wouldn't like to be constantly lifting off and putting down. Luck only holds out so far

Comment

Great a squad of spec-op.....

Comment

approximately 4 days and that issue with the laser guns is a bad memory in most ways

Comment

Originally posted by [R-PUB]MrD
              The LB on Mao Valley is best used for spotting enemies from above, or flown by a SL who can fly, with his troops all going SF and spawning in one by one and jumping where necessary.

In all those trees I wouldn't like to be constantly lifting off and putting down. Luck only holds out so far
              that wont be possible in v.o5 ocs ur taking the parachute out of spec ops class.

Comment

That situation has always been a bit wierd really. You can, say on Muttrah City map, chute from a chopper and land on a roof with no ladder access, then chute off to the ground when you feel like it. There was no coding ability to use a chute only once as in reality. Guess you have to weigh up features with their exploitation ability. And as we know, base jumpers don't jump off 2-3 storey buildings and manage to open their chutes to save themselves.

Of course, there could always be mission specific parachute facilities in the future on maps, where you start a map chuting in, to enact a mass parachute drop onto a facility/camp to attack. Although introducing that immediately could be problematic, especially when all the new players spawn in, finding themselves falling through the air, going "wtf!" and then by their second life realising that stabbing the "9" key might be a good idea next time

Comment

Welcome to Project Reality

Comment

Originally posted by [R-PUB]MrD
                    Although introducing that immediately could be problematic, especially when all the new players spawn in, finding themselves falling through the air, going "wtf!" and then by their second life realising that stabbing the "9" key might be a good idea next time
                    Sort of like my first time playing Warlord. I wasn't expecting to be falling through the air. And seeing the other team do it in mass numbers the round before made me go wtf about as much as when I fell to my death.

Comment

Originally posted by [SMS]PrototypeJC
                      Mao Valley

My squad was attacking Black Hawk Wreck.

I start running, not knowing there is a huge cliff in front of me that I have to climb down.

I see a LB about 100m away, and call out, "Hey, I need a ride!" And to my amazement, he said "You got it", and promptly picked me up and dropped me off at BH Wreck. He wasn't even in my squad. Now that's teamwork you NEVER find in vBF2. I think you guys just sold me a lot more playing time with this mod.
                      i always do the same as he did for you ;D

Comment

Working...
                      X