Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Program to close programs

Hey everyone,

Just wonmdering if anyone knows of a program that closes all programs in the order you want and starts the program you want (like B2) to avoid doing it manually

For example: Before I play B2 I go into Task Manager and manually shut down about 7 programs before I start. I need these to boot up on startup but not to play B2. The program I'm looking for allows me to choose a profile like B2, and once I've selected it, it will begin shutting them down automatically in the order I've specified (including explorer.exe) and then open B2.

Does anyone know if such a program exists? Yes yes, get your lazy jokes in... I'm just cuirious is all

Cheers and thanks

Re: Program to close programs

Is there a reason why you need to do this, Is it relating to another issue?

Comment

he's prolly just trying to get the most speed out of his comp as possible, but i doubt u can run anything w/o explorer, especially not xfire or ts if not bf2

i have not seen an app like that tho, no, sry

Comment

I believe you can create another user account in the OS and make it so that user account doesn't boot up any of the extra stuff. You'd have to reinstall BF2, but no big there.

Comment

Don't do that **** above. While CBWSimon's way would probably be the best, who's bothered to do all that?

A BF2 batch file is your best bet.

It would look like:

Taskkill /IM CrapProgram.exe
          Taskkill /IM CrappierProgram.exe
          Taskkill /IM JustAProgram.exe
          C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /c start /high BF2.exe +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1280 +szy 1024
          When you create this batch file, create a shortcut to it, and in the "Start in" box, you need to put the FULL path of your BF2 install directory (the one that holds bf2.exe), i.e. "C:\Program Files\Electronic Assholes\Battlefield 2". Put the batch file in that directory and use the shortcut to run it.

Comment

Originally posted by AdenFlorian
            he's prolly just trying to get the most speed out of his comp as possible, but i doubt u can run anything w/o explorer, especially not xfire or ts if not bf2

i have not seen an app like that tho, no, sry

Uhh YEAH YOU CAN!!! Explorer for the most part is a windows user interface. I just recently started closing it before running B2

Task manager kill explorere.exe and then file > Run >

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +playerName xxxxxxxxxx +playerPassword xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

and to get explorer back, just go back tothe task manager and right click -> run -> explorer.exe

but i think the best is to make the batch file..it sounds like it can work

Comment

Originally posted by AKULA
                Uhh YEAH YOU CAN!!! Explorer for the most part is a windows user interface. I just recently started closing it before running B2

Task manager kill explorere.exe and then file > Run >

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +playerName xxxxxxxxxx +playerPassword xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                thx cool im gonna start doin that, that should speed up the game a ton. but can xfire and ts still be running?

Comment

xfire is giving me issues recently ingame. I open up a chat window and when I close it the game is lagging somewhat.

Seems like closing down the small programs you don't need in windows is only a small par of the problem (I routinely use that method)

Comment

Working...
                  X