Bandwidth required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bandwidth required

I will soon be moving into a dorm where the internet service has a 5 gb per day bandwidth limit. Is this enough to play the game, assuming I will play for many hours a day?

Re: Bandwidth required

Probably, there really isnt' that much data being sent over the internet to play games. You should be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by rhuffman7162
      I will soon be moving into a dorm where the internet service has a 5 gb per day bandwidth limit. Is this enough to play the game, assuming I will play for many hours a day?
      ABSOLUTELY, BF2 doesnt send/recieve anything like that ammount, just have to make sure the 5gb allotment isnt gobbled up by more greedy fellow dorm abusers :-)

Comment

Originally posted by rhuffman7162
        Bill Jr.--if that's you, you turn off that computer and open your organic chemistry book right now mister.

If not, please continue with what you were doing.

Back on topic, 5gb should be just find and ^, I think he meant that they cap usage at 5gb per user, not for the whole dorm.

Comment

Yup that limit is probably put there to stop the music and video sharing. However, don't assume you'll have a good gaming experience. I have known more than a few dorm dwellers who found their throughput to be spotty causing all but local servers to be unplayable.

Comment

Working...
          X