BF2 Erratic Ping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Erratic Ping

I have BF2 installed on two computers at two separate locations. The first one is built with:

AMD 64 3200+ Socket 754
    BFG 7800GS OC
    1.5 GB PC3200 Memory
    BF2 Installed on its own separate 80GB SATA HD
    ADSL 1.2 MBPS

The game runs fine, no choppiness, no vehicles flyby; guns don’t take 3 seconds to shoot after you tap the mouse. Just the occasional server lag here and there.

My second computer is built with:

AMD 64 4000+ Socket 939
    BFG 6800 GT OC
    1 GB PC3200 Memory
    BF2 Installed on its own separate 80GB SATA HD
    SBC/AT&T ~1.5 down and ~384 up

BF2 runs erratically with pings varying between 50 and 400, usually it'll cycle from anywhere between 50 - 100 - 250 - 400 and sometimes up to 1000 then it will jump back down to 50 and repeat the cycle. Vehicles will flyby, moving is made almost impossible as you glide on the floor with no control and guns will shoot seconds after you fire. I’ve tried many tweaks but nothing works. I lowered my ingame settings to medium w/ no AA and slowed down the number of PB updates.

If anyone has experience something similar, please post…if you have suggestions or an answer please post. Thanks everyone!

Re: BF2 Erratic Ping

How are you connected to your internet? through a router? if so is it wireless?

Comment

Im connected through a router. I have a wireless setup for a laptop, but I have a cord directly connected to my computer.

Comment

There are a couple thing you could try. Run a speed test to see what kind of speeds you are getting in the real world. not that they tell you you are getting. Also check with ISP to make sure they aren't having any network issues.
        Then
        1. Reboot router and power cycle modem.
        2. update firmware on router.
        3. replace cable
        4. remove and reinsatll BF2.
        5. make sure you have all updated drivers.
        6. Format and reinstall windows.
        7. run hardware test to make sure all hardware is good.

Good luck

Comment

Working...
        X