A-Z of terminolgy..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A-Z of terminolgy..

As a relative newcomer to the game (which i throughly enjoy) I am confused by the terminolgy and shorcuts used in the forums.. Baseraping, whores etc Plus all the abbreviations and shortcuts in typing m8 (instead of mate)
    So does anyone fancy typing up a list of all these shorcuts and abbreviations so that people like me (aged 60 yrs) can understand what the F**k you youngsters are talking about... You were all newcomers (noobs) at sometime... So any help would be much appreciated..
    PS>> Anyone know of a definitive book on BF2 ?

Re: A-Z of terminolgy..

60?????????????

Comment

Good question Sir!!

I don't have the time to compile a whole list myself but this website might help you out:

PWN (verb) 1. An act of dominating an opponent. 2. Great, ingenious; applied to methods and objects. Originally dates back to the days of WarCraft, when a map designer mispelled "Own" as "Pwn". What was originally supose to be "player has been owned." was "player has been pwned". Pwn eventually grew from there and is now used throughout the online world, especially in online games.

Comment

Originally posted by sychnant
        ...(aged 60 yrs)...

PS>> Anyone know of a definitive book on BF2 ?
        Ah yes, books, what new technology! (no offense intended, just taking the piss)

Comment

Ah the joys of internet slang! Well I sure hope I'm still playing video games when I'm sixty! they will be awesome by then. Anyway, that link seems to have most definitions... As for baserape (also know as spawnrape, spawncamping) it refers to the act of killing enemies as they spawn or move around in their base without attempting to capture it, often because it is an uncapturable base. Typically when you're being baseraped you can't seem to live for longer than 10 seconds because a grenade whore or armor whore is sitting outside the base and firing at you continually.

Comment

Well this always used(noob,newb,newbie) meaning new player or whatever. Lol(laugh out loud) Lqtms(laugh quietly to my self) and here is the http://www.netlingo.com/ site that will help you, i'll be looking it over myself.Hope you have a good time writing in the language of the net, I personally don't, and don't be pressured to either. See you later.

Comment

teh 1337 haxorz are taking ov3r!!!!OnE!

Comment

Nifoc

Comment

The most important terms you'll ever need to know:

Baserape: Killing you as you respawn at your main respawn point (usually uncaptureable points when you dont have anywhere else.)

TK: team kill, speaks for it self :P

Armor/plane whore: someone who uses nothing but armor or a plane or heli all round to get mondo-points.

Comment

Mondo

Plethora

Comment

baserape: is engaging in combat within an enemy base, making no attempt to cature the flag

spawn killing: is killing the enemy as they spawn, giving them no chance to fight

whoring: using only one particular weapon/vehicle/kit

NOOB: (1)a new player (2) an unskilled player (3) anyone who you kill (4) anyone who kills you (5) anyone who takes YOUR vehicle (6) anyone who dies (7) anyone who does something you dont like (8) anyone you disagree with

Owned: when you kill, or killed someone reall really exquisitely and repeatedly (also.....ownt, pwnt, pwned)

bunny hopping: jumping repeatedly due to lack of actual tactic and skill..ppl do this instead of fighting

dolphin diving: jumping, and going prone mid-air flopping about like a dolphin....been mostly fixed with patches, but its still a lil present

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaCueUp
                        NOOB: (7) anyone who does something you dont like (8) anyone you disagree with
                        Originally posted by AlphaCueUp
                        bunny hopping: jumping repeatedly due to lack of actual tactic and skill..ppl do this instead of fighting

dolphin diving: jumping, and going prone mid-air flopping about like a dolphin....been mostly fixed with patches, but its still a lil present
                        so you are a noob.

Comment

You know, 60 isn't that old... My father is 54 today (!!) and he finished HL2 and Quake 4 faster than me and he's playing basketball like a bad mofo.

Comment

Redlining. Taking your gunner to border of the map in Helo and sticking him out of to die. You on back sit stay in map range and he in front sit is out and he bleeds to death

Comment

"Redlining. Taking your gunner to border of the map in Helo and sticking him out of to die. You on back sit stay in map range and he in front sit is out and he bleeds to death."

please note that the above tactic is for total ashholes...also note that you could easily find those that would say 'noob' = someone that uses unlocks.

also, also...I often use the term 'asscamper' to replace the term 'spawncamper'

Comment

Working...
                              X