Help needed :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed :(

Hi there, i was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem im having, basically i aint played bf2 for a while and was behind on the new patches, i installed the 1.41 patch but when i go to play an online game it just crashes whilst its connecting.. but all i see is the number 2 icon spinning and the music still plays in the background, and then ill do ctrl alt and del and it says not responding... anyone know how i can fix this??

Thanks in advance Neil

ok i have just tried again but this time i tried creating a new account and exactly the same happened, it just stayed on "creating new account" for ages then it stopped responding.. someone please help

Ok i just had a little thought, im using a linksys wireless router, could this be why? if so does anyone know how i can fix it by opening ports or something?

Re: Help needed

Probably not. Your wireless may not be supporting throughput to your computer at a level 1.41 needs. Is there anyway you can run a hardline to the router and see if it would work that way?

Comment

Re: Help needed

ive seen this somewhere b4, i think u might have to port forward, looking for thread..k

found in the FAQ sticky, which u should have read first b4 posting

Problem - What Ports do i need open for Battlefield 2
      Cause - Firewall
      Fix - Battlefield 2 Account Creation
      NOTE: In order to create a Battlefield 2 multiplayer account, you must have the following ports open in your firewall.
      Client Ports:
      UDP 27900
      UDP/TCP 29900
      TCP 80
      TCP 4711
      TCP 29901
      UDP 1500-4999
      UDP/TCP 1024-1124
      UDP 28910
      UDP 16567
      UDP 55123-55125

how to port forward