An idea for engineers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An idea for engineers

I was thinking the other day of a way to make the engineer class even more useful to a squad. Wouldnt it be cool if the engineer was the only class with the ability to drive the other sides vehicles?

It would be handy every now and then to be able to hijack the enemy's tank or ride off in their APC to prevent them using it. I think it would add another level to the game, what do you think?

Re: An idea for engineers

the devs are way ahead of you
    you now need to be a tanker to use a tank, pilot to fly an aircraft
    as for the second, I would be strongly against - if you see an enemy vehicle, you destroy it

Comment

Originally posted by $kelet0r
      the devs are way ahead of you
      you now need to be a tanker to use a tank, pilot to fly an aircraft
      as for the second, I would be strongly against - if you see and enemy vehicle, you destroy it
      he was talking about the other teams vehicles thou... and no we wont be allowing the other team to drive them.

Comment

yah - I either misread or he editted his original post

Comment

Originally posted by Rhino
          he was talking about the other teams vehicles thou... and no we wont be allowing the other team to drive them.
          but in real life ti would be pretty easy for one army to use the enemys jeeps?

Comment

no it wouldn't
            It would lead to friendly fire incidents .... assuming they even found the keys

Comment

assuming they even found the keys
              ever heard of hotwireing

Comment

im not sure since im not in the army, but dont ppl get trained to learn how to use the enemy's weapons...i feel like they did that with the german weapons in wwii

Comment

You can still pickup weapons. You just can't drive the othe team's vehicles.

and er.. the hotwiring argument.. hehe.... er.. ever heard of garrisons? Like as in gys standing around waiting to shoot people who come to hotwire their military vehicles? We don't want to create a requirement for that role in PR.

And when a vehicle is found "in the field" in a modern military conflict you don't jump into it and drive off cuz chances are you'll get blown up by the booby trap or by the helicopter overhead who thinks you are an enemy.

Engineers are getting a bit of an overhaul in the next release of PR, but it won't be arund operating enemy vehicles.

Comment

More important than operating enemy vehicles, I'd love to see engineers capable of sabotaging enemy vehicles so they needed to be repaired by an engineer before they could be driven off.

The equivalent of ripping out the spark plug leads

It is silent (ish!) compared to destroying vehicles by C4 where the vehicles respawn in 5-10 minutes later fully healed, it will inconvenience enemies greatly and maybe encourage people to think defence rather than simply running to the attack continuously.

Comment

i think it would be great is engies could assemble some sort of barracade/roadblock type thingy, or even mounted weapon emplacements....

Comment

I think that might be one for the Brickfield Mod. Note the shottie equipped engineer has started to create his roadblock

Comment

Working...
                        X