CD Key Dilema

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD Key Dilema

Hi, me and my two brother own copies of Battlefield 2. Im the only one with it installed. The problem is we dont know which CD key I used and which ones they can use. If I install the game on their computers will it ask for the CD key before or after the installation, or is there another way to find out which one I used so we can get the game installed on their computers without and setbacks such as the CD key already in use. Or should I just uninstall mine and then go about it that way. Thx tonz

Jman

Re: CD Key Dilema

If you HAVEN'T patched BF2 yet, you still have luck.

Start, run, regedit, Hkey Local Machine, Software, EA, Battlefield 2, ergc and you can see your CD-key.

If your game has been patched, the CD-key is encrypted - then no chance to read it.

Comment

Hmmm. Best way to avoid the cd-key-in-use-feed-us-more-money messages would be to uninstall yours and then reinstall, keeping track of who's-got-which-cd-key-and-where.

Best of luck.

Comment

i think the best way would be to change choose a cd key of the two, and then just make ur computer use that cd key

Comment

I believe there's a CDKeyCheck.exe (or similar) in the support folder in your BF2 folder. Running that will let you re-enter the key without completely reinstalling.

Comment

Originally posted by Ph1L
            If you HAVEN'T patched BF2 yet, you still have luck.

Start, run, regedit, Hkey Local Machine, Software, EA, Battlefield 2, ergc and you can see your CD-key.

If your game has been patched, the CD-key is encrypted - then no chance to read it.
            yeah do wat he said, and just give urself a cd key. like it doesnt matter which one u use cuz ur gonna change it. when u go to that file in ergc, edit it so it mite say like SAHASAD65456ds4a56d4sAD, delete all that encrypted stuff

type in x9392 and hten one of hte cd keys u have. and then ur comp will let use that cd key

Comment

Working...
            X