Patch 1.41 error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch 1.41 error

So far I have not found any documentation addressing this error.

BF2 works perfectly fine on Version one. But I really want to play the CQB mod, which requires Version 1.41. So I install the 1.41 patch, install it, and when I start up the game, the screen turns black for a second, then it crashes to the desktop.

Is there anyway to remedy this? Also, is it possible to play the CQB mod with earlier versions? I tried the CQB mod with Version 1, but the mouse cursor wouldn't appear on the screen.

Re: Patch 1.41 error

yes and no.

Yes, the issue you are indicating is usually driver related. Try updating your video and sound card drivers to the newest you can find at the manufacturers website.

No, you are stuck with 1.41 for CQB to the best of my knowlege.

Welcome here

Comment

Well, somehow I got it working--but with the 1.4 patch. I installed the 1.41 patch, but apparently it didn't work, because it keeps telling me I still have 1.4 :|:

Comment

Where exactly is it telling you this? Maybe it's just misinterpretation.

Comment

I tried playing online (CQB mod), and got "your version is older than the servers", and the server had a different version. Since the CQB mod won't work with anything lower than 1.4, I assumed I would need 1.41. So, I downloaded, and installed it--and I still got the same message.

Comment

CBW is up to http://www.cqbmod.com/ version 6

Is that the one you are using?

Comment

I have the same problem and I dont want to go trying to update my video card because last time I did that it caused more hassle.Are there any other remedies to this problem??

Comment

What video card do you have?

Comment

Yes, version 6 is what I'm using in the CQB mod.

After I apply the 1.41 patch, should the version read 1.1.2963-795.0? I could have sworn it said the same thing before I patched it.

It keeps giving me "you have an older version than the server" in both the CQB mod and BF2.

Comment

Download and install 1.41 from here

Comment

Working...
                    X