Trouble with online play...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble with online play...

First, the problem here is not my PC. I have a new XPS M1710, 7900 nvidia 512mb, 2g of ram, etc...

Well I used to play Battlefield 2 in the past without any issues. I would play on max everything and played incredibly smooth. I reinstalled BF2 2 days ago and updated it to the new patch, I go on to play and the servers have ridiculous pings like 21400 or something, the lowest pings are around 150, so I join those... I go to play and the game is incredibly choppy, I freeze around, the running animation is screwed up, my ping spikes to 150 and i cant even move. I shoot and it shoots 3 seconds later, I cant play... I thought it was my internet but when I play games like Counterstrike Source, I get pings around 20-30. I tried other games as well and my ping is fine, so its just BF2. So then I made a standalone server on my other PC, so my XPS would connect through LAN, but I check the LAN server list and the server has a ping of 2000. I join and it has the same problem... Its on a cable LAN, it should be a ping of like 5 or something... Also, I thought maybe the game was messed up but when I went on singleplayer, it was normal, everything ran smooth on max settings, etc... What do I do? Help...

Re: Trouble with online play...

Umm go to www.killernic.com best killer card to get rid lag and high pingers! I have one hella ROCK!

Comment

ahhhh, dont buy an expensive card. That wont help at all.

Comment

Have you tried uninstall/reinstall/patching again? it should be the first thing to do before posting. Have you checked what connection is selected in the in-game menu?

Comment

Originally posted by punkboy459
          i sold my soul for a network card
          as you jumped the gun the XPS M1710 is a laptop hence the M for mobile.

those selling your soul to buy a overpriced ethernet card wouldnt even fit a laptop they havent released a PCMCIA version.

---

Your graphics shouldnt effect your Ping,

Comment

it is not my internet or PC since i used to play BF2 fine on my lap top, and my desktop gets low pings while on the same internet. so i dont know if its some installation problem or something but its really annoying...

and i tried reinstalling, didnt help

Comment

Originally posted by punkboy459
              Umm go to www.killernic.com best killer card to get rid lag and high pingers! I have one hella ROCK!
              You know what they say, there's a sucker born every day

Comment

Working...
              X