Only 1 chance!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only 1 chance!

What do you guys think of a game mode where you only get one chance to fight, if you die, you're out of the round (but you can be revived, say), similar to how America's Army is played. This would completely change the way the game is played e.g. players who have a tendency to go for tanks or choppers to rack up points would need to be more careful! This mode might really only be of interest to organised clan fights, since most Battlefield 2 players go for the more Fierce pace of Battlefield 2 (when compared to America's Army, at least). Anyway, what are your thoughts? Is there mods out there for such a game mode?

Re: Only 1 chance!

that'll suck, imagine a spawn camper ^^

Comment

There are modes with hidden and dangerous sabre squadron whereby if you die that's it, but you can still watch the others play.

Comment

Originally posted by ApenKip
        that'll suck, imagine a spawn camper ^^
        i'd imagine, as there is no respawn, that everyone in the round spawned at once. So a spawn camper, would have to be at the spawn spot at the beginning of the round. Which wouldnt work.

If you've ever played counterstrike, I'd imagine the mode would be a little like that

Comment

I moved from Americas Army to Battlefield, and miss the edge of going head to head in a firefight, nerves completely racked, but surviving! You could chat with the other folks who were dead too. Spooky virtual after life!!

Comment

Just up the respawn time to 60 or 120 seconds. That can be set on individual servers, and I think that would encourage more squad/teamwork as well... But I think most of the bobos out there would avoid such a server...

Comment

Good idea, joecacti. It'd be interesting to know how many players would use such a server....

Comment

We got PR. Even though you do respawn, everyone with even smallest amount of sense will avoid dying at all cost, because you don't want to die after finding way around the enemy and spending ten minutes to get your squad there.

E: You do can play that whenever you want to, and believe me, it's awesome. You usually end up with better scores than usually.

In PR tanks take almost whole round to respawn sometimes, so you really can't just waste a tank. Good tankers are extremely important there, because keeping the tank alive in the middle of a combat where enemy has one-shot-kill AT weapons isn't easy.

Comment

Thats the reason I dont play AA. The respawn time was too long. When I play I want to play. I dont have the patience to wait for the round to end.

Comment

Forgive my ignorance! What's PR?

Comment

Originally posted by johndunne
                      Forgive my ignorance! What's PR?
                      Project reality, a mod based on bringing realism to the battlefield. If you like that sort of thing i highly recommend downloading it

Comment

I'd play it and spawn camp.

Comment

Originally posted by YoDiddy
                          I'd play it and spawn camp.
                          I think you have to be the most controversial person i have ever e-met

Comment

Originally posted by Jay_C
                            I think you have to be the most controversial person i have ever e-met
                            You love me

Comment

Originally posted by joecacti
                              Just up the respawn time to 60 or 120 seconds. That can be set on individual servers, and I think that would encourage more squad/teamwork as well... But I think most of the bobos out there would avoid such a server...
                              If I had to wait 2 minutes every time I died, I would have wasted much more time in my life, and I would probably quit. I do not play a freaking game to sit there for 2 minutes if I die a single time, and I cannot see many people ever doing that. PR's respawn time is also quite long, but there are other things to balance that out.

Well, I did the math, if instead of 15 seconds, it was 2 minutes, I would have just sat there for 17108 minutes, instead of 2138.5 minutes. Sorry, but 35.6 hours is already to long Your way, would be a mind boggling 285.1 hours. Not only would this waste peoples time, but everyone would whore medic even more.....

Comment

Working...
                              X