Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why did POE flop in australia?is it the same in USA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why did POE flop in australia?is it the same in USA?

I thought and still think POE is great and just as good as EA`s job.I mean the weapons are awesome and vehicles are great but it seemed to only last a month or two here and no one plays it.I would still but servers are all emtpy.

do u play this and what country?
    wish i could play now!me and this guy once had a 1 on 1 sniper battle that lasted 20+minutes that was amazing

sorry it not in the POE forum but more traffic here

Re: why did POE flop in australia?is it the same in USA?

Im in NSW, havent downloaded any mods yet.

All I see are Jala, Wake and Kark.

Comment

I downloaded PR and found absolutely no servers in Australia. And since PR seems to be the more popular mod, I never bothered with POE, but I did want to try it

Comment

there are only about 3 busy servers in the Us from what I can see - TG, 420, & some christian one, but over a dozen + in Europe, it gets more busy over the weekend to about 20 plus busy servers so you can always get a game if you want one.. Maybe it will pick up in the US when the conflict in POE expands with the introduction of USA & Russia forces, who knows? I love the mod anyways and play it most nights..

Comment

the problem is the EA ranking and stats system... not many players want to play mods as they think its wasting time, which they could be spending on getting there next unlock.... :roll:

Comment

people tend not to play a mod for a number of reasons. the biggest being the fact that people want to play the best military forces from real life. US, British and German forces are an example. then you have the national pride "factor" of the people from different countries. alot of people do not want to play an army of another country either because they dont like that country for any number of reason or they just dont like the equipment provided. there is even the great chance that people will just not like the mod at all because of certain aspects of it. there are many other reasons why people dont play certain mods.

*edit* and what rhino said above is possibly the biggest of all reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhino
              the problem is the EA ranking and stats system... not many players want to play mods as they think its wasting time, which they could be spending on getting there next unlock.... :roll:
              QFT. Even here on these forums I read silly comments from people saying those words exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Casper
                QFT. Even here on these forums I read silly comments from people saying those words exactly.
                silly comment? Why do you think hardly any play any mods compard to how many use to play BF1942 mods, BFv mods, HL and HL2 mods etc? What is diffrent, my point excatly.

Comment

Ranking system isnt really that much of an issue as been thought.

My guess is, number one reason why BF2 mods are not successful, is because they are not that different from BF2. Think about it, if right now, there was a UT-esque BF2 mod, it would top all BF2 mods in a heartbeat, Im pretty much sure of it.

Modders havent done much work on the concept of their mods, to really make their projects "another game". A reskinned and readjusted BF2 isnt worth to get off from stats/ BF2 friends/ familiar gameplay.

Comment

What i dont understand is why you all have not checked out the total war tourney that features POE2??? http://www.total-war.com/

I played with lots of aussies on that tourney during its beta last fall.. we are starting up the new big bang right now... hop on and enjoy full poe servers.....

Comment

silly comment? Why do you think hardly any play any mods compard to how many use to play BF1942 mods, BFv mods, HL and HL2 mods etc? What is diffrent, my point excatly.
                      No mate, I was saying you were right and that I read comments all the time from people stating they do not play mods because they do not have ranks. I read silly comments like "whats the point when there are no ranks?" or "why waste your time?" and other kiddie statements like those.

Comment

Originally posted by Casper
                        No mate, I was saying you were right and that I read comments all the time from people stating they do not play mods because they do not have ranks. I read silly comments like "whats the point when there are no ranks?" or "why waste your time?" and other kiddie statements like those.
                        ah sorry i miss understood you.

Chris_Redfield, that is where you are acturly wrong hehe. there is afew ww1 mods out and all sorts but they aint very big. PR is infact very diffrent gameplay from BF2, and POE has very diffrent type of gameplay when it comes to armor etc.

Comment

POE2 is the muts nuts, I play from the UK and there are usually a dozen or so populated severs. some with a poe. ranking.
                          As for the ozzies, I think most are too busy whipping our butts at cricket etc. or chucking shrimps on barbeques, whilst we are freezing our asses off in the nothern hemisphere!

Comment

ah sorry i miss understood you.

Chris_Redfield, that is where you are acturly wrong hehe. there is afew ww1 mods out and all sorts but they aint very big. PR is infact very diffrent gameplay from BF2, and POE has very diffrent type of gameplay when it comes to armor etc.
                            POE2 has stats, yet its not doing good. I knew it wasnt going to do good even when they announced stat tracking.

Youre trying to say PR is a huge leap away from BF2, Im saying its not, because it isnt different enough to drag players off the crack that BF2 already is. PR is still set in modern world, excercises modern combat, and its physical world is still limited to what BF2 represents. When POE2 can be called an "upgraded BF2", PR is a "tactical BF2".

Both mods have sattisfied a NICHE BF2 player.

Reason is? BF2 is good enough. BF2 is a great game, a step sideways just isnt good enough now. It was great in BF42, when the concept was new. Right now, you have to bait people with something entirely different.

And the only WW2 mod I know about is FH2, and it will heavily depend on their map types and style if its going to be popular. If it will utilize BF2 style map structure, it will do as bad as POE2 and PR do.

Theres a mod coming out soon, deatchmatch type play. I believe that mod, if done well, will bring fun back to play, and will take more players than POE2 or PR did. IF, its going to be anything more than a "minimod".

I believe this moment now, is a huge lesson to be learned from. Pretty skins, and a mildly altered firearm concept will not cut it anymore. Mods will have to figure out how to put fun back into the game thats fun capacity has been exhausted.

My favourite mod is still POE2, I love it. However Im a causal, average gamer that is just giving out his opinion and observations.

Comment

Why was FH for BF1942 so popular, then? It didn't stray from the WW2 theme.

BattlePaint is also very different, yet it hasn't drawn many players.

Same thing with BF2 Sandbox.

Both offer a completely different experience for free, and both are very well done.. so why does nobody play them?

Simply put, they would rather chase after badges and ribbons.

Comment

Working...
                              X