Special Forces Widescreen Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Forces Widescreen Support

Do I have to mod the SF Icon to play it on a wide screen monitor?

Re: Special Forces Widescreen Support

ummm noope
    all the widescreen does if you set it to wide screen is just streach out everything
    (it's also my excuse to piss off my math teacher when she asks me why all my circles for projects are ovals)

Comment

Originally posted by Grudge
      Do I have to mod the SF Icon to play it on a wide screen monitor?
      I do and it works fine:

"C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +modPath mods/xpack +szx 1920 +szy 1200
      "Crunch's First Officer"
      twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Originally posted by signa
        I do and it works fine:

"C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +modPath mods/xpack +szx 1920 +szy 1200
        To clarify, what this actually does is display a 1920x1440 image with 240 pixels cut off at the top and/or bottom. So there is no increase in your horizontal field of view but a decrease in the vertical field of view (which probably won't bother most people).

Comment

I've altered both shortcuts for BF and SF. I use the same game mod filter thing in server list so I don't get vanilla maps when I'm looking for SF maps.

Comment

Originally posted by AznReaperX
            (it's also my excuse to piss off my math teacher when she asks me why all my circles for projects are ovals)
            hahaha...

I've messed around with those widescreen settings as mentioned above, but found that the basic 1600x1200 gives the best viewable area. Just try it out and see if you like it, you can always go back.

Comment

I have a widescreen and it works fine.

Comment

Working...
              X