Time to release the booter packs in the next patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to release the booter packs in the next patch

I think that it's finally time to release the booster pack maps in a patch. It would make the game a lot more fun as more maps could be played on more servers and people would be less likely to move to other games out of boredom with BF2.

Re: Time to release the booter packs in the next patch

You know who the publisher of BF2 is.. right?

Comment

That would be a huge patch. And knowing EA, it wouldn't be incremental.

I already have SF, I wouldn't want to re download those maps in a patch.

It won't happen, believe it or not, EA still makes money off of the game and boosters...it would jeopardize millions of dollars in product.

Comment

Originally posted by [SMS]PrototypeJC
        it would jeopardize millions of dollars in product.
        And royally piss off everyone who paid money for them.

Not that EA would care about pissing off their customers...

Comment

Originally posted by [SMS]PrototypeJC
          It won't happen, believe it or not, EA still makes money off of the game and boosters...it would jeopardize millions of dollars in product.
          millions? are you serious, they may still be selling a few copies of bf2, but i doubt they have sold more than a couple hundred booster packs since 2142 came out.
          a million $ in booster packs is 100,000 booster packs, only a few times more than that still even play bf2, and almost all of them either already have the booster packs, or aren't going to buy them (like me).

Comment

There isn't going to be any more patches, so it's kinda a moot point.

Comment

Just go to the store and buy them!

Comment

Everlasting Arseholes !

That is EA :evil:

Comment

Just go to the store and buy them!
                  There is no point, as servers risk losing players by including the booster packs in the rotation due to low saturation of the actual packs.

If they were released free, everyone would have them, and every server would be able to include them in their rotations.

Comment

/\/\/\/\ Bingo!

I run a ranked BF2 server and trust me I'd love to run the expansion maps with plain jane BF2. But I know we'd loose ppl as those maps came up in the rotation.

On a side note, you can run thw booster pack maps with BF2, they're not like SF where you have to run them on their own.

Dragon

Comment

I already own them, but I'd like to play them on a ranked server now and then, hell, I think Great Wall is one of the best maps for the game, but you can't find it, because no server will have it due to the fact that players who don't own the booster pack will get kicked and the server population will go to hell.

No one else is going to buy them so they might as well release them publicly and allow us all to play them.

Comment

I bought both packs and I wouldn't mind if those will be released for free now. Actually it would be really nice to see it happening. More servers and players running especially Euro Force maps.

Good idea!

Comment

Come on then EA, what are you waiting for?!

Comment

Originally posted by davelisowski
                            And royally piss off everyone who paid money for them.

Not that EA would care about pissing off their customers...
                            I paid for them and I beg and plead for them to release them in the next patch!

I threw away my darn money ONLY because there is NO servers to play on!!! I am the one who got screwed for buying the darn booster!

So if EA lets all have them, then we can ALL enjoy them for a change. If not then sure I have them... but I can not play them until others do!

Comment

Working...
                            X