weapon unlock question sorry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weapon unlock question sorry

ok i have been playing for about a month now and have worked most things out

only one question remains however, and i was wondering if anyone can help me

as far as i can work out you only get the basic unlocks when you just have standard bf2 (no add on packs)

but on the servers i play other players (i presume who have SF installed)
    also have the SF unlocks, and i can even pick them up when they die

what i dont understand is that i have to pay extra to be able to unlock these guns, but other players who have payed can use them against me ? just doesnt seem right?

i thought i read somewhere that SF players only play other SF players ?

thanks

Re: weapon unlock question sorry

Huh? You press G to switch kits.

SF unlocks work in vanilla. If the server had SF running, you would be booted when the SF maps loaded since you don't have it. Also, the server would have a 2 instead of a 2.

You can use the guns if you pick them up.

Comment

Originally posted by davelisowski
      Huh? You press G to switch kits.

SF unlocks work in vanilla. If the server had SF running, you would be booted when the SF maps loaded since you don't have it. Also, the server would have a 2 instead of a 2.

You can use the guns if you pick them up.

but i cant unlock them myself (so that i can spawn with them) without buying SF?

Comment

Originally posted by semper_fidelis
        but i cant unlock them myself (so that i can spawn with them) without buying SF?
        Yes.

Once you play a couple of rounds of online SF, you can unlock the SF weapons for use in vanilla.

Also, everytime you rank up you'll get 2 unlocks, and when you get SF you'll get the extra unlock points for the past few ranks.

Comment

Exactly. You should be able to find SF for around $10 if that makes it any better.

You'll have to play at least 1 minute of SF to be able to get the unlocks. If that's all you want, have a friend play a round of SF on your account. A lot of people scoff at the idea, but $10 for weapon unlocks is a bit crazy.

Otherwise, you'll get an expansion pack with unlocks, new armies, and new maps. SF is okay, and there are plenty of servers still running it. You may like it.

Comment

just seems a bit lame that SF unlocks and vanilla unlocks get to play in the same place, like they have access to better weapons just because they paid EA more money, but ah well

thanks for the answers guys
            (and for not flaming a stupid question from a n00b !)

Comment

Actually you don't really need to buy SF, you just need to play some minutes on a SF map with your account. Maybe a friend of yours has it, so you can just log in with your account and play a round. Then you'll be able to get the SF unlocks and use them in vanilla.

FipZ

Comment

like they have access to better weapons just because they paid EA more money
                The second tier unlocks aren't that amazing. Stock weapons aren't bad. In fact, I use stock more than unlocks.

Here are some good references.

Comment

Just get someone to play 1 round of sf on your account, hell they don't even have to complete the round on teh SF map, just join a SF server kill someone and leave, it must be ranked, after this you can get the unlocks.

Comment

I agree that the unlocks are not as much "better" as you think.

They might have a different feel, but the accuracy or damage bonuses are really negligible over the stock weapons, and sometimes worse. Every benefit is usually balanced with a negative.

I.e. The G36 is deadly accurate, but has no scope for ranged shots.

The PKM is also a good example. It boosts the damage, but loses all automatic fire accuracy.

Comment

Originally posted by 2nd-Irish
                      I agree that the unlocks are not as much "better" as you think.

They might have a different feel, but the accuracy or damage bonuses are really negligible over the stock weapons, and sometimes worse. Every benefit is usually balanced with a negative.

I.e. The G36 is deadly accurate, but has no scope for ranged shots.

The PKM is also a good example. It boosts the damage, but loses all automatic fire accuracy.
                      Those are neither SF weapons.

Comment

just seems a bit lame that SF unlocks and vanilla unlocks get to play in the same place, like they have access to better weapons just because they paid EA more money, but ah well
                        like the people above me have said, they really arent a whole lot better. i dont even use the scar, p90, l9, or mp7 most of the time.

the f2000 and g36e are the only ones (in my opinion) that have an advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by mwillin0000
                          like the people above me have said, they really arent a whole lot better. i dont even use the scar, p90, l9, or mp7 most of the time.

the f2000 and g36e are the only ones (in my opinion) that have an advantage.
                          what he said, i prefer stocks for all but US, cept for M1187 of course. but the best i think are the first tier unlocks, all of them. the second tier generally suck, only ones i would use are the G36E F2000, and maybe the L96a1, if the M24 isnt available. other than that i rarely use the others.

Comment

Originally posted by SyDuS
                            what he said, i prefer stocks for all but US, cept for M1187 of course. but the best i think are the first tier unlocks, all of them. the second tier generally suck, only ones i would use are the G36E F2000, and maybe the L96a1, if the M24 isnt available. other than that i rarely use the others.
                            I LOVE THE AMERICAN SHOTTY. oooooh my. i just go around raping people with it (as in, shooting them) in close combat situations. but yeah, you sound exactly like me.

Comment

nothing like a PB shotty blast to the face in the morning, sure beats a cup of coffee, as the enemy goes flying back in a blaze of pain, reminds me of the F.E.A.R shotty, almost only use that in F.E.A.R, blowin enemies in half in slow mo is so rewarding as they scream OH $hIt with their last dying breath lol. they should have a 30 second spawn timer after that.

Comment

Working...
                              X