• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more stats?

Originally posted by R3v4n
    Heres a cut from an email i received:

Community Update - 30/01/2007

Attention Soldiers!

Due to the contract with GameSpy ending tonight we are changing the system so that no stats will be received to the statistical servers hosted by the company. Points will tally at the end of a round but thats as far as it goes.

Thanks for Supporting EA

Many Admins of other servers have also received emails:
    yup, they just informed us admins that there will be no more stats for bf2. the reason is that although people are still playing bf2, nobody is buying it anymore which means EA is not really making money off of it. In fact bf2 is actually bleeding EA of money because of server costs, stats craps and patches so they're naturally trying to get people to start playing other things (like 2142 or their upcoming games). no more stats means that less and less people will play bf2 and the game will just slowly fade which is fine by them since they've already made their money. of course the die hards can still play but there will no longer be centralized stats by EA.

I had to check the "Furious Finns" clan email; we rent a ranked server which I'm one of the head admins in... Apparently all stats are going. The login problems are probably due to testing of the disabling of ranks. I see a patch 1.5 coming or at least a clientside tweak that bypasses the "Account server login", with the possibility to continue online gameplay, but unranked.
    hmm.

I call BS until I see proof, either on the EA website or a screenshot of this e-mail.

Re: No more stats?

no its rubbish. this came up a while back when 2142 came out. it is BS

Comment

Is called the MOD's people, FOCK STATS

Comment

is this another FUD attempt?

Comment

Judging by the horrible grammar, punctuation and mistakes, I would have to say that it is fake.

Comment

It's a joke by some admins..

Comment

Joke, pure joke....is funny make this for some people??...my god

Comment

Damn, got me exited for a sec, maby people would of realized teamwork instead of points.

Comment

Working...
                X