Server Graphic Question: How To

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Graphic Question: How To

Hey kids. Quick question. Do you have to run a dedicated server to use a server graphic and welcome message? I was kind of hoping to have something up for when I host local multi-player games with my buddies, and whomever else wanted to join. I was thinking it would be as easy as adding a graphic to some folder in the directory, then editing some config file or something, but I can't seem to find anything obvious. Any ideas, or is this something you have to pay for and get approved?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Server Graphic Question: How To

There might be a line you can add/change in the DefaultServer (or whatever it's called) inside the Profiles/0001...

Otherwise try posting this in the BF2 Tech Support, if noone here knows.

Comment

Thanks man for the help and suggestion. Cheers!

Comment

its in "Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Settings" serversettings.con

Comment

Righteous! You guys are the best! I've played quite a bit on my own, and am soon going to bring it online, so I thought I'd make my local games look a little more inviting. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ILikePortillos
            Righteous! You guys are the best! I've played quite a bit on my own, and am soon going to bring it online, so I thought I'd make my local games look a little more inviting. Thanks!
            Good luck! You will need a good computer to run a server, remember that :P

Comment

like ur sig CaptainBuck .... PsiOps FTW ^^^

Comment

You know what, I just realized that all of this was regarding the welcome message. Anyone know where to place the graphic?

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by CTD-CaptainBuck
                  its in "Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Settings" serversettings.con
                  You know what, I just realized that all of this was regarding the welcome message. Anyone know where to place the graphic?

Thanks again.

Look for these lines:

sv.sponsorLogoURL ""
                  sv.communityLogoURL ""

Place your server graphic in there. The sponsorlogo is the image that will be displayed when you click once on the server. The communityLogo is the server graphic you see when the map loads.

Comment

You sir are a scholar and a gentleman. Many thanks!

Comment

No probs mate, we are a pretty friendly bunch here and I'd like to think for the most part helpful. Anything server related including battlerecorder just ask.

Comment

Hey Capt.HKS, I got the graphic and the welcome message going on my local PC. Thanks again for all of your help! Now that we're on the subject, how does that whole battlerecorder thing work anyway? It sounds like a great idea for when I get a new PC. I'm not sure it would work on my current system. I saw a line in the serversettings.con that reads "sv.autoRecord 0". I was thinking it would work if I changed the value to a 1, but maybe that's thinking too simple.

Also, if you change the "sv.allowFreeCam 0" value to 1, what does that do?

Comment

I wouldn't suggest enabling BR if you are playing on the same PC which is also hosting the server. The load will be too high and lag the game. When you get a new PC use your old PC as a dedicated server. That way you can then setup BR on it without the server lagging and it lagging your PC whilst your playing.

sv.allowFreeCam 1 will change the setting from chase cam view whilst your dead to freecam view whilst you dead. You can test it out by enabling it then spawn in suicide, then click anywhere on the spawn map bar a spawn point so you don't spawn. Then click the X in the top right hand corner of the screen. Then using your movement keys and your mouse you can fly around the map. You can also switch back to chase cam as well and cycle through the players by hitting C or your change camera key.

Comment

Excellent! Once again, thanks for your help. One last question. . .when I do set up Battle Recorder, is it done by changing the "sv.autoRecord 0" to 1? And if so, where does the information get recorded and how can I replay it?

I'm looking at getting a Dell XPS Pentium Dual Processor with 2 - 2.4 GHz processors, 2G of RAM, a 256MB nVidia graphics card, and a physics accelerator, so I was thinking it should run REAL nice.

I should pay you for all of this information, I feel bad getting it for free. If you ever see the Glendale Heights server out there, feel free to drop in!

Comment

It depends whether its a LAN or online server. You have the choice of storing the BR files on the actual server or uploading them to FTP. If its online and there will be a lot of downloading of BR files then its a must to have them uploaded to some FTP space in order so the server doesn't lag when people download the BR files. This is where BR gets complicated to setup properly.

You need to not only turn on the autorecord in the serversettings.con file but you also need to configure another file called rotate_demo.cfg which is stored in the Main BF2 folder. If you need a hand setting that up let me know. Best bet is to either pm me or drop by our site.

I should pay you for all of this information, I feel bad getting it for free. If you ever see the Glendale Heights server out there, feel free to drop in!
                              Donations are always welcomed

Comment

Working...
                              X