quick question about patching bf2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick question about patching bf2

hey I just bought this game and I havent been able to play yet, so far I understand that all I need to do after installing the game is to dload one patch, that patch being 1.41 full right?

I did this and it gave me this sound error message after trying to playing the game
    so I uninstalled the game and d-loaded the patch from a different site, and I got the same error, then for a third time I reinstalled the game and d-loaded the patch from yet another site and alas it's not working

anyone know what I could be doing wrong? am I supposed to dload a few patches before the 1.41 full?

thanks in advance

Re: quick question about patching bf2

ur right about having to dl only the 1.41 full...wat error is this btw? and wat r ur specs? im suspecting that ur hardware mite not be able to run the game

Comment

True,

If you got a sound error, chances are it is either your sound card driver or a need to update the directX and possibly windows on your computer. The sound driver update is the most probable fix.

List your hardware if you can.

Comment

problem with 1.41 patch, BF2 Audio.dll not found - help needed

thanks for the replys guys, sorry I never posted my comp specs I should have thought of that

AMD Athlon (tm) Processor 3200+
        2.01 GHZ 1.00 Gb ram
        Nivedia Geforce 7600 gt
        NFORCE3 series Motherboard

and I dont know what kind of sound card I have and I know that's my problem,I looked around in my comp and found

MPU-401 Compatible MIDI device
        Real trek ac'97 Audio
        Audio codecs
        legacy audio drivers

any of you know if these drivers may be causing the problem? Or does anyone here know what drivers I should be installing?

I also just bought this comp recently and none of the hardware was installed I had to do it all myself (being a noob with anything technical ensured I prbly installed some things wrong)

here is the error I get after trying to play BF2 - this is after installing the 1.41 full patch

the strange and scary thing is, is that I can play BF2 when it isnt all patched up, like before I installed the 1.41 patch it worked fine, but of course no servers run BF2 1.0 and I never bought the game to play with 16 bots in sp . Like I said before I've tried reinstalling it several times and I have dloaded the patch from 3 different sources (filefront, gamershell etc..) and it still gives me the same sound error

anyway thanks again in advance

sorry to bump this again but I still havent figured it out

Comment

Sorry, I didn't see you had posted before.

OK You need to get the name make and model of that sound card. Updating it's driver to a more recent one will most likely be the fix.

Completely uninstall BF2 using the EA method.
          EA Method click here

Install new driver for sound
          do this EA fix for issues with AC97 issues
          EA Fix click here

Comment

great thanks Simon
            I'll try this now, hopefully it works

Comment

Working...
            X