Question: Scoring system on Mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: Scoring system on Mods?

Some time ago i recall seeing something about the modding groups using some type of scoring system. Is that still going on and if so how did they go about that?

Thanks,

T

Re: Question: Scoring system on Mods?

I think you're talking about ABR.

It's basically a ranking system available for mods and unranked servers.

You can earn points, medals, ribbons etc etc, but of course, they don't count towards your official global score.

Comment

Originally posted by Garabaldi
      I think you're talking about ABR.

It's basically a ranking system available for mods and unranked servers.

You can earn points, medals, ribbons etc etc, but of course, they don't count towards your official global score.
      Ah, thank you. The reason i was asking is there any system out on the net that will allow you a stat tracker or make up your own program some way to do the same thing for another game?

Comment

Originally posted by Titus
        Ah, thank you. The reason i was asking is there any system out on the net that will allow you a stat tracker or make up your own program some way to do the same thing for another game?
        Probably possible, although I have no experience with coding, so I'm not the best person to ask .

Comment

Originally posted by Garabaldi
          Probably possible, although I have no experience with coding, so I'm not the best person to ask .
          Ah, i was just wondering.

Thanks,

T

Comment

Depends on what game it is and how extensible it is. The Battleracer stats system runs completely independent of the BF2 rank one, because the Python engine in BF2 had networking support built in. If a game has something like that, it's quite possible.

Comment

Is there perhaps something along the lines of something more independent from being part of the entire game system?

T

Comment

Working...
              X