Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• special forces trouble

i just purchased the special forces xpac.. *thank god*
    well, my problem is that ive got a few unlocks in the normal bf2 but i cant seem to be able to get the sf ones... do i need a patch or wat?
    if so, could someone please give me a URL??? any help wud be great.. cheers

Re: special forces trouble

also.. WTF does this mean: "this server only allows players with unmodified content to join. Revert your version of Battlefield 2 to the current official version to join." an ideas?

Comment

i think reinstall full 1.41 patch will fix everything. Give it try

Comment

i did... cos originally i had the lightening.fx problem so i uninstalled bf2 and sf then installed them and then redid the patch... also, does the bf2 patch fix up the sf aswell? or r there separate patches...? cos i found the sf patch page but i cant get 1.12 cos it says that it cant display the webpage... should i just wait for 1.2 to come out? or wat?

Comment

There is only one patch. just try it again. 1.41

It should fix that modified content error. once you play for a few minutes on a ranked SF server, you'll get your unlocks for the new weapons when you leave the game.

Comment

still cant get into the servers.... same message... really frustrating...:cussing:

Comment

Complete uninstall. Something is nerfed.

EA uninstall Link

reinstall BF2, then BF2SF and finally 1.41

make sure you are not using 1.4 or any other installers.

Comment

done! but still nothing, im still getting the modified content thingo..:shakehead

come on!! has anyone had the same problem?? do they know wat to do?? please!!!!:cry:

Comment

Yes,

Sorry for not compeltely trusting that you did exactly what I asked, but your responses are cryptic and partially misspelled.

Did you read and do the uninstall guide I linked in and completely uninstall BF2 and Special Forces? If not, then do it.

Then install BF2. Install BF2 Special Forces. Download a new 1.41 and install it. Use this link for the 1.41

Other people have had this EXACT same problem. Over and over and over again throughout the threads. This is the fix.

Comment

partly cryptic? dont get smart with me please. i followed the guide and did all the stuff in it. then i reinstalled bf2. then i reinstalled bf2: sf. then i re-ran the patch and its still not working... but ill try it again just to make sure

[oh btw, im only 13 so alot of the stuff u talk about confuses me lol...]

also, is it essential that i download a new patch? cos its like half a gig lol

Comment

I know it's big and a pain, but the point of it is to be sure you are completely fixed. For any reason if you downloaded the wrong patch or you downloaded one that got nerfed in the download, this will fix that.

It's to be on the safe side.

Comment

k, i'll do that - but does it matter if i get it from http://www.ea.com/official/battlefie...yupdate_111606

or do i have to get it from the link you gave me?

Comment

If you got the first one from that site then yes it matters. Stick to mine. Don't keep doing the exact same thing and expect different results. We are trying to cover as many bases in one attempt so it will be done with.

Comment

also, wat do people mean by vanilla servers?

Comment

Games that are running the original Battlefield no expansion, booster packs or mods.

Comment

Working...
                              X