SF install error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SF install error

ok, so i have battlefield v. 1.41, which installed fine. but now when i try to install special forces, this is what happens. i start the install, and it trys to patch v 1.1, and always fails to patch BUT keeps going and continues install the expansion. its goes ALL the way to the end of the installation of the expansion literally until there is half of a bar left, and it decides that it cant install. it tried it like 3 times and same result. it always stops when it says that its installing "intro.bik". it starts saying intro.bik about 5 bars before the end, all the way untill half a bar, and then quits out. so i assume that is the last file. WHY DOES IT HAVE TO STOP AT THE LAST FILE. anyone know what i can do? i even tried to extract the file from the CAB file in the cd but i couldnt. then i realized i couldnt even start the game without the intro, because there was not startup icon the the xpack folder. what do i do.

Re: SF install error

Well dose it say anything or just stops? if it just stops try cleaning it.

Comment

not sure if this is same for you but when i tried it messed up. and a dude told me to un stiall bf2 and then intall SF then bf2 or maybe other way around. but you have to have bf2 on first version. then u patch them at same time. try unstiall bf2.

Comment

well the thing of it is, when i tried to just install BF2, then install SF before i patch it, while SF is patching, it just says "patching failed" and stops completely, and wont do anything

Comment

Do a complete uninstall using this guide

EA Uninstall Guide

Now install BF2, then BF2SF and finally 1.41 Make sure you are not running any virus detectors during the install.

If SF still fails to install, it could be the CD drive or the disk

Comment

i'll try it but the thing is it wont even START installing SF unless the 1.41 patch is there, because when i install SF and 1.41 isnt there, then it just says patching failed, and doesnt install anything.

Comment

Read the guide Simon posted.

Here's a short version:

uninstall BF2 completely
              install BF2 (DON'T PATCH)
              install SF (patches to 1.1 automatically prior to install)
              apply full 1.41 patch
              if you have the booster packs, install them now
              apply full 1.41. patch again.

happy trails.

edit: The last time I did a full re-install, the ONLY thing that would allow me to install SF was a clean boot, where all the non-MS services and processes were disabled. However, I think this was a quirk in some of my other software.

Comment

it doesnt let me install SF. it just says patching failed and stops

Comment

Do you have all real CD's or DVD's? Are we working with files from an internet download?

If not and you own all original disks, try this.

BF2, then 1.41. then special forces and end with 1.41 again. Make sure all virus detectors and what not extras are turned off.

Comment

all real CD's and dvds, and i tried installing 1.41 but WTF it says patching failed again. i have a a really high end comp. its way better than my old computer, which bf2 worked on.

perhaps its a virus.... i havent run my virus scan in a while... and my computer HAS been running a little slower than usual....

Comment

OK well the general stuff then.

Uninstall all BF2 as EA points out again.

Virus scan. Adware/spyware scan. Update Windows completely. Defrag the drive.

Restart and make sure not so many processes are running in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Especially turn off virus detectors.

Clean your disks.

Install BF2. Install BF2SF. Install 1.41

Comment

Here is my patch log thing. it goes through the whole "successful" bla bla bla crap until it gets to this.....

Applying HISTORY File Patch for 'mods\bf2\Objects_client.zip'
                        Updating ...
                        Updating to next version ...
                        error ept0009: Invalid Patch File 'C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\{7B3AA01C-19F7-47FF-BACF-EF4B210137DC}\{F317E784-F31C-4F26-A610-2D7BD89FEC5F}\patch.rtp'

WHAT DO I DO!?

anyone?

Comment

Working...
                        X