Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

@ server ops (solution to bf2 mappack modified content error)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ server ops (solution to bf2 mappack modified content error)

Well, as many of you know, the stock BF2 maps cause a 'modified content' error for any clients trying to connect to them.

We apologize for this mistake. We do thourough testing for everything we make, but this is one that snuck up on us. Our test server doesnt run md5's due to the amount of content changes we make. These maps were not tested with the full md5 setup that we have added to the mod.

Unfortunatly, so long as the md5's are on the server computer, these maps will not work.

We have attempted to create new custom md5's for these maps, but they still are checking BF2's md5's and will give an error regardless.

Soooooo, the only solution for servers that wish to run these maps without having issues is to remove the md5 files in the main POE directory while running these maps. This isnt nearly the security risk that you would have had in Battlefield Vietnam or Battlefield 1942, but there is still a slight security risk. I would be happy to speak about what sort of issues servers without MD5's may encounter, but I will remind you that only POE of all BF2 mods is even using a MD5 system, so this compromise isnt that severe.

Sorry for the long delay on info on this issue, we felt like we should try everything before we made a public statement about this.

Re: @ server ops (solution to bf2 mappack modified content error)

thanks for the info m8 i was looking for a solution im gonna check now if it lets me play POE i havnt been able to try it cuz of some errors but looks like u r working on it GOOD JOB, KEEP IT UP:salute:

1 question: is it only for the ones who runs the servers or is it for every1 who got these kinda errors

i got a problem i deleted those Md5 files i joined a server played for like 10 mins nd then it said md5 file not found summink like that nd they kicked me is their any solution for this prob i will REALY appreciate it:salute:

Comment

This topic had nothing to do with the client side of things. You should not have deleted anything mania.

Comment

Mantis is correct, that is NOT for clients.

md5 issues normally mean you have made some changes to your files.

Its also possible that you are joining a server that is running bf2 poe maps that still has thier md5's intact (we have advised server admins to remove these files. This is less likely if the server you are trying to join has people already on it.)

I would suggest you reinstall poe, something isnt right.

Try the 1.1.5 full install here: http://www.pointofexistence.com/poe2full.php

that has everything you need to play on any public server

Comment

im sry guys im a n00b in moding its my second mod which im gonna try but im having some problems but im sure u guys gonna help a n00b out i downloaded the file frm the same link

thanks, Good job, keep it up mates :salute:

Comment

Working...
          X