BF2 won't load after changing audio settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 won't load after changing audio settings

I got tired of not being able to load the game at all. Had instant crash to desktop. So i tried some things and i found out that when i remove my soundblaster live card from my computer i can load the game but ofcourse without audio. When i insert the card again i can still load the game but as soon as i change ANY audio setting it won't load up the next time i launch the game. This is not soundblaster specific because i deinstalled it and tried it with my onboard soundcard and i get the same problem. A Windows reinstall doesn't help either. I have XP SP2.

Re: BF2 won't load after changing audio settings

Driver for the snd card?

Comment

It's not about the card. My onboard card has the same problem. Got both drivers from the official websites

Comment

have you tried deleting the "Battlefield2" folder @ Start/My Documents/Battlefield2 and trying again?

Comment

That would be a good first attempt. Also, try reinstalling the card and reinstalling the sound driver one more time.

Play with your OPTIONS/AUDIO settings after you log into BF2. Just go with the hardware, medium and no X-fi or EAX and then hit apply on the right.

Comment

Working...
          X