Multiple Account question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Account question

My questions is I just bought a second copy of BF2. I already had the first copy installed on my gaming machine and my laptop. So I bought this second copy for when my bro comes over...one can be on desktop machine and the other one can use the laptop.

Here is my question though. When my brothe created a new account on the laptop it didn't ask him for a cd key. I'm at work so I'm trying to figure this out without access to both machines. When do I enter in the second CD key?

Re: Multiple Account question

I think you will need to uninstall the game then reinstall entering new cd key.

Comment

Thats what I thought, but I was hoping there would be a way to change the cd key on one of the machines.

Comment

Originally posted by slosh
        Thats what I thought, but I was hoping there would be a way to change the cd key on one of the machines.
        nope. uninstall and reinstall. if you try to log in after he does it will say "invalid cd key"

Comment

I found something in C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\BAttlefield 2\Support that says Battlefield_2code.exe. When you double click on it, it brings up something to enter a CD key...will this change it to the one you enter in there?

Comment

yep it will but then u after entering the new cd key u will have to go to ur registry to edit it slighty

start > run > "regedit"
            then navigate to
            HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > ELECTRONIC ARTS > EA GAMES BATTLEFIELD 2 and click on the folder "ergc" and then on the right part of the registry editor, double click on "(Default)" (under name) and u should see ur cd key under "value data" and just add "x9392" without the quotes in front of ur cd key

ie... if u see something like DQU451DSADS3245 under value data, make it look like x9392DQU451DSADS3245

Comment

thanks man, I will give that a try...if that doesnt work I will just uninstall and reinstall

Comment

...maybe im retarded but just buying a new copy of bf2 with new cd key and putting it on a comp without bf2 doesnt fix this...O u have the same copy of bf2 on bth comuters? thats it..ok im done...

Comment

Originally posted by eddyeddyd
                  ...maybe im retarded but just buying a new copy of bf2 with new cd key and putting it on a comp without bf2 doesnt fix this...O u have the same copy of bf2 on bth comuters? thats it..ok im done...
                  Why did you post that stupid comment?

Comment

Originally posted by Night735
                    Why did you post that stupid comment?
                    To get his post count up. Because we all know how important that is....

Comment

Originally posted by vesuvan
                      To get his post count up. Because we all know how important that is....
                      remember kids, the bigger you post count the longer your penis is!

as to the OP thats what i'll do, i'm getting a second set of CDs so my mates can play on my old PC. just make sure you get rid of all the BF2 files just to make sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Sars99
                        remember kids, the bigger you post count the longer your penis is!
                        :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Comment

i have bought 3 copies of BF2.

one for my desktop. one for my laptop. and one for my other desktop.

Comment

Working...
                          X