HELP nF4 SLI-DR EXPERT with X-FI music causing freezes in BF2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP nF4 SLI-DR EXPERT with X-FI music causing freezes in BF2

I just installed Windows XP Pro X64 bit and have all current windows updates and drivers for hardware. I am using the 1.41 update also .I can play other games such as counterstrike and halflife but in Battlefield 2 it randomly freezes at the main menu as i browse thru the options to change settings. I get a a freezes with weird repeating sound loops. I haven't even been able to play on a server yet because it always ends up doing this.

Amd64 Athlon +4000
    2gigs of corsair selects
    EVGA 7800 GT PCIx16
    2 160gb WD in raid0
    550watt TRUEPOWER 2.0
    RAZER copperhead
    Windows Xp Pro X64bit

Re: HELP nF4 SLI-DR EXPERT with X-FI music causing freezes in BF2

And what sound card do you have? if it is integrated, then the make and model number of your motherboard?

You are going to want to update the vid and audio drivers and then make sure you reinstall 1.41 afterwards again.

Comment

I don't think its the board, it could be x64.

I was having that same problem when I installed x64 in my current Asus A8N-SLI.

Try installing current X-Fi updates and if that doesn't work revert back to regular Windows XP.

Comment

check the soundblaster forum, youll find PLENTY of people there talking about pops, crackles, repeating loops and problems with various motherboards. There are times when I want to smash my xfi with a hammer but after much farting about with it, I have it in a pci slot that only causes sound problems when bf2 is loading a map and the SCP problems are not heard ingame anymore (thankfully).

Comment

Working...
        X