Putting Computer on Standby (Problem)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting Computer on Standby (Problem)

When I put my computer into standby, my loud *** video card fan stays on. Is there some setting in the bios to make it turn off when it goes into standby?

Any help would be excellant.

Re: Putting Computer on Standby (Problem)

does your nvidia driver interface program (riva something or other?) have a function similar to atitool v.24, whereby you can enable different fan speeds?

there are also (likely) some settings in your bios that govern what gets turned on and off during hibernation.

Comment

Ive tried the riva thing, but it didnt work in changing the fan speeds or anything. I'll have to check my bios to see if there is anything.

Comment

Even though the monitor is off, isn't there still power being applied to the card and therefore heat production?

Comment

I looked and i didnt see anything.

When it goes into hibernate or standby, I think it just keeps a low voltage flow to the memory or w/e to keep the data it has. I dont think it needs the video card so i would think it would turn that off.

Comment

motherboard model?

Comment

this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813135023

Comment

ECS makes decent boards but has horrible support. Have you gone to VIA's website and downloaded their 4-in-1 driver package? It updates VGA/LAN/IDE/SATA drivers automatically.

Worst case scenario would be to buy a $30 vga cooler like a vf700cu and not hear it.

edit: oops. they now call their 4-in-1 driver package "hyperion". everyone wants to be a hobbit, i guess.

viaarena.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, viaarena.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

ill try that, thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X