what really is a macro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what really is a macro?

People say they are hacks. They are illegal. People say they are not. They are legal. Can someone explain?

Re: what really is a macro?

They are a method, either through hardware or software (or both) to programme the ability to assign a number of key presses to just 1 key for example you could assign a macro to:

pick up the medic kit
    switch to medic bag
    throw 2 bags
    switch back to original kit

This would be G, 5, left mouse click, left mouse click, G all programmed to 1 key press....

Comment

Yes but chopper macros the "TV hacks" they are no need of clicking to change paths. Is that a different kind?

Comment

Originally posted by *DEAD*
        Yes but chopper macros the "TV hacks" they are no need of clicking to change paths. Is that a different kind?
        all the whiners seem to say there are macros for seat swapping and guiding missiles. but i have no problem to hit f2, right click, left click, then left click a couple more times. its not like you need a macro to do it for you.... if you could even program one somehow

Comment

No its the same, just the macro will be endless left mouse clicks. There may also be a script or something that does that...not sure. The macro arguement is a little subjective as it can give an (unfair) advantage by making the button presses faster than you would normally be able to do. However, the same can be said of some hardware. Does a mouse with 2000+ DPI give an unfair advantage because it is more accurate?? Does someone with a highend GPU gain an advantage (unfair) over people with lesser GPU due to level of detail being displayed and greater FPS??? I don't personally use any macros....cos i cant be bothered and i have got used to seat switching etc the old way (however i do have a G15 KB which aould allow me to do so)

Comment

Originally posted by O2zi3
            No its the same, just the macro will be endless left mouse clicks. There may also be a script or something that does that...not sure. The macro arguement is a little subjective as it can give an (unfair) advantage by making the button presses faster than you would normally be able to do. However, the same can be said of some hardware. Does a mouse with 2000+ DPI give an unfair advantage because it is more accurate?? Does someone with a highend GPU gain an advantage (unfair) over people with lesser GPU due to level of detail being displayed and greater FPS??? I don't personally use any macros....cos i cant be bothered and i have got used to seat switching etc the old way (however i do have a G15 KB which aould allow me to do so)
            yes i have seen people whine about players with high end computers. remember the thread about forcing a 1-2min round start time for players with fast loading pc's? lol :laugh:

i think endless left clicks would make me miss more!!

Comment

Originally posted by zipp0r
              yes i have seen people whine about players with high end computers. remember the thread about forcing a 1-2min round start time for players with fast loading pc's? lol :laugh:

i think endless left clicks would make me miss more!!
              lmao...:laugh:

Comment

Lol yes ...i forgot about the fast loading PCs. Mine is quick...once before on a 16 v 16 map I managed to get the tank and cap the flag before any 1 else had spawned....killed about 4 guys and the round was over......no one else got a single kill

Comment

Lol yes ...i forgot about the fast loading PCs. Mine is quick...once before on a 16 v 16 map I managed to get the tank and cap the flag before any 1 else had spawned....killed about 4 guys and the round was over......no one else got a single kill

dude i can spawn, grab a plane, fly to their airfield and steal their plane before any of their team spawns :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by zipp0r
                    dude i can spawn, grab a plane, fly to their airfield and steal their plane before any of their team spawns :laugh:
                    Well you need to ban yourself.....a complete menace

Comment

Well you need to ban yourself.....a complete menace
                      Lamo...

Comment

People with low gfx settings actually have an advantage since they don't see that little bush you're hiding behind!

Comment

Does a mouse with 2000+ DPI give an unfair advantage because it is more accurate?? Does someone with a highend GPU gain an advantage (unfair) over people with lesser GPU due to level of detail being displayed and greater FPS???
                          You pay for the mouse; you deserve what you expend upon... a high-quality mouse with better precision. Same for the GPU. In contrast, a macro involves the editing of a program's configuration files in which it operates by, result being: the player becomes capable of maneuvering/performing actions that surpass the skills of a legitimate "expert" player... (Localizations don't count, as modifying these doesn't provide an unfair advantage (that I'm aware of)).

Comment

Originally posted by Furious321
                            You pay for the mouse; you deserve what you expend upon... a high-quality mouse with better precision. Same for the GPU. In contrast, a macro involves the editing of a program's configuration files in which it operates by, result being: the player becomes capable of maneuvering/performing actions that surpass the skills of a legitimate "expert" player... (Localizations don't count, as modifying these doesn't provide an unfair advantage (that I'm aware of)).
                            So in other words, if you have money you deserve an advantage and if you're poor you deserve to lose.

Comment

im making my own binds in the .con file for quick nade toss+switch back to primary and a few other things like one key spotting

this would probably be considered a macro to some

i dont too much care tho i have a reason for these controls....

im lazy

Comment

Working...
                              X