Textures failing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Textures failing

i ahve some trouble with my maps, when i ahve painted it as according to the tuts that you can get off totalbf2.

but when i go to play the map, the terrain is just plain black. can someone help???

i'm very new to this, so in no0by tersm please

Re: Textures failing

Is there a problem with the light maps, maybe?

Or a problem with the shadows, maybe...

Comment

dunno how do i check?

Comment

You didn't compile your light maps that why the terrain is appearing dark, no light to brighten it up.

Comment

thx, i looked at your FAQ about htem and did exactly what it said

unfortunatly, it didn't work, here is a screenshot of what it now looks like, it is an improvment but

so what have i done wrong? did i fail to save something, also in your guide it doesn't say what to save as when making the ground hemi, so i left it as default, is that right?

Comment

Now you have to set a low detail texture. http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showp...64&postcount=5
            I never experimented much into low detail texture, the default one is rock or something to that affect, if you want more options you may find it helpful to google for a more detailed description of low detail textures.

I don't think I changed the name of the ground hemi, I got that part from another tutorial not really sure what it does.

Make sure you heade the warning about ignoring the picture in my generating lightmaps tutorial, since the way that it is in the picture will make your map look in ways you don't want it, and it is unchangeable, you may have noticed this in Attack at Taiming where there is a line going through the map.

Comment

i did see the warning and did what the text said

will try that low texture stuff now, thanks

Comment

I can't remember exactly, but you might need to copy your textures from the editor directory, to your map's texture directory. OR VICE VERSA i can't remember wich.

Comment

Working...
                X