Joystick Throttle Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joystick Throttle Question

Well... is there any way for me to set-up my joystick throttle so that when I leave it in the idle/full down position reverse thrust does not engage in BF2? It's just so annoying having to set the throttle in the exact spot so the plane doesn't accelerate/reverse on the ground. Help appreciated!

Re: Joystick Throttle Question

And me! and me!
    I've got a Speedlink BlackHawk and have the exact same problem. Almost everytime I start BF2 I reset my throttle but its still either ahead or reverse thrust.

Comment

as far as im aware you cant do it at all, ive tryed lots of things to fix this but the reason for being like that is for the uplift in the american fighters, you have the throttle in full reverse and it just goes into hover mode

Comment

I have same problem. Just jam the throttle forward when u get in the plane.

Comment

True, sitting in a plane on the ground is a death sentence if an enemy pilot/tank sees you.

Comment

For me its more a case of being in the F35, going into reverse thrust to hover, and then not being able to control rate of climb whilst hovering.

Comment

Thats just practice practice practice. Also, rough to hover in the 35 when your adversaries are just waiting for that . I do it in extreme repair cases.

Comment

Just a small suggestion, Never cut your throttle unless you know there will not be an enemy jet to engage you. I catch alot of people doing this and take them down with guns only. I actually gun people a little bit until they smoke, they almost always go back to the air strip, your already vulnerable rearming so dont make it worse by throttle cutting. Get used to flying at full speed at all times, there are ways to feather your throttle to make you turn a little sharper but other than those very few situations Just dont cut it, youll feel really stupid dying because your a "throttle cutter" and when you get better at flying youll just kind of shake your head when you see other people do it. I almost forgot, missles track way better even if your flying one iota slower than max speed... hope that helps.

Comment

yes its stupid, reverse thrust is pretty much an on and off thing but it takes up half the throttle - and yeah finding middle throttle to idle is a pain, on mine I stuck a sticker alongside and made a dot on the throttle and then went on an empty server, found the idle point and drew 2 lines on the sticker to show the upper and lower points of the idle area.

Comment

You can always go piggy on it

Comment

thats a funky looking joystick there simon

Comment

Eh? Simon my joystick is 10, 000 times better than that! Its modelled after the real F-16 Fighting Falcon and with the separate throttle has over 250 functions.

@ Mad Ad: I have tried doing that... but even the slightest bit of throttle up/down engages reverse thrust/accelerates.

@ Everyone who say not to cut throttle: I'm a trained pilot... I can't help but taxi/park for someone to come co-pilot... In dogfights I try and close the distance betweend me and the enemy jet and just cut the throttle so that he flies past...

Comment

over 250 functions??? damn i have problems getting my fingers to push the right buttons on my keyboard

Comment

i would assume he's got a HOTAS Cougar

at a cost of $160 more than the X52 that joystick seems a bit overkill for BF2

Comment

You almost got it Scinto. Mines a CH Products Fighterstick USB. I come from Microsoft Flight Simulator... so thats why I got it.

PS: The CH Products one is $280US without the separate throttle!

Comment

Working...
                              X