2 Questions about rank.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Questions about rank.

1) How long does it take for an average player (I consider myself average) to get 1700 points on standard servers? None of that IO medic crap, too easy imo.

2) Which unlock should I get next? I dont play Anti-Tank, so I have a choice between any 2 of these:

G36C - Is it that much of an improvement?
    SCAR-L - Want this, but is it worth getting after the G36?
    L96 - Not much to say, but this looks awesome
    M95 - Again, looks incredibly useful
    MG36 - Dont really like this, but then again, Im sure someone here can give me some tips
    F2000 - Also dont find this attractive.

Re: 2 Questions about rank.

figure about an hour per 100 points at first. It can be a lot more (and even less).

Go with the unlock for the kit you play the most. I love the G36C and also the SCAR-L and F2000. I play a lot of AT and found the DAO to be it's saving grace. If you ever get into the engineer character, the Jackhammer is good as well.

Comment

Originally posted by |CBW|Simon
      figure about an hour per 100 points at first. It can be a lot more (and even less).

Go with the unlock for the kit you play the most. I love the G36C and also the SCAR-L and F2000. I play a lot of AT and found the DAO to be it's saving grace. If you ever get into the engineer character, the Jackhammer is good as well.
      Got both engineer unlocks, <3 the Hammer, </3 the MP7. I play all classes but anti-tank myself. From looking at the stat sites, the G36C is basically the same as the M4/74U except accuracy. F2000, eh, I have the G3, what does the F2000 have? MG36 reminds me of a SAW (ew) with burst fire, the only thing that saves it. I am most likely going to get the M95 though.

Comment

Originally posted by raidyr
        what does the F2000 have?
        I find it to be more accurate than rated. Also, the kit comes with a flashbang that really t's off the enemy when you toss it into a room. I've stabbed two's and three's of blind enemy before where they surely would have killed me without the light show.

Comment

there is a stat called spm (score per minute) work it out using that.
          i use bf2 stats viewer but you can also check your spm with the in-game stats viewer

Comment

Originally posted by xx_MCBAIN_xx
            there is a stat called spm (score per minute) work it out using that.
            i use bf2 stats viewer but you can also check your spm with the in-game stats viewer
            1.5...ugh...

Comment

90 per hour is close to my guess. There will be some rounds better than others and some days better than others. Roll with the punches and when lady luck smiles on you, let it all ride.

Simon

Comment

90 per hour is close to my guess. There will be some rounds better than others and some days better than others. Roll with the punches and when lady luck smiles on you, let it all ride.

Simon
                Yeah...some days I just flat out own, and others I really suck, and sometimes only get 20'ish points...

Comment

Try to squad up with a crew that operates as a squad. Often when I'm with my buds, I think I'm getting totally slaughtered and instead I find myself with a Silver or Bronze star.

Comment

Try to squad up with a crew that operates as a squad. Often when I'm with my buds, I think I'm getting totally slaughtered and instead I find myself with a Silver or Bronze star.
                    Any recomended maps? I do fairly well on Kubra, but I have yet to find a map I dominate in. Of course, I could just be MEC medic at karkand/jalalabad....

Comment

Originally posted by raidyr
                      Any recomended maps? I do fairly well on Kubra, but I have yet to find a map I dominate in. Of course, I could just be MEC medic at karkand/jalalabad....
                      Depends on what you like in BF2... Getting alot of points is easy, just go on any 64-player Karkand (with 32 players or less) and you get over 200 in every round as support or medic. If you want to play the REAL bf2, with different vehicles and environments you join a Dalian, Oman, Zatar or anything and play armour, aviator, chopper and so on.

Comment

If you are not going to be in a vehicle period, and you don't like AT, I/O servers may be your best friend. I like the variety as Doggie spells it out.

Comment

Yeah, I will give that a go. Should I do it in full 64 player servers or 64 player servers with only about 32?

Comment

Doesn't matter. Whether you get 100 points in a 30 minute game or 200 points in an hour long game, your SPM is the same. The good thing about longer games is if you are specifically trying for an In A Round award, the longer the round, the easier it is for you.

Simon

Comment

Hi raidyr. Seen you on 2142 forum. Your map choice should be decided by what kits you wanna play. Some maps are just very vehicle dominated and are best played as AT/Engi. Also there is a difference in vehicles on 16/32/64. I play alot of infantry and the best maps for that are Sharqi Peninsula, Mashtuur City and Strike at Karkand. Shongua Stalemate is my favourite chinese map and is also ok as inf map. There are lots of places to take cover from hardware.

Comment

Working...
                              X