Bunny Hopping (spell?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bunny Hopping (spell?)

...not sure if I spelled "hopping" right or not...anyways.

I have always considered bunny hopping "Excessive" jumping around like an *******. But today I was on some random server, that wasn't packed and had an awesome ping of 18. (I know clan servers = crap..... but 18 ping! ) So I get on and I'm getting used to shooting with no-scope (I'm usually with the sniper kit) and this time I was using medic and G36E. So to thepoint, I spawned at the suburb flag after being notified that it was going to get capped soon and I spawned nd there was a dude infront of me, and I jump-proned and fired pretty much the entire clip LOL. He wasn't dead so I had to relaod so I got up and ran towards him and jumped when the reload was about done and landed o nthe other side of him and shot his face. And the admin started going (slightly exagerrated for dramtic effect) "ZOMG N00B!!! NO BUNY HOPZZ ZZZOOOOMGG!!!!" so I asked him what constitutes "bunny hopping" in your opinion and he said, "evading fire by jumping, even one jump is bunny hopping noob"

Does anyone agree with that? Now personally if I'm in a fire fight I'll jump hop my *** or whatever to cover if I have to reload, I won't jump around in circles and shoot you every time I land or nade whore, but I use it to generally not get my face raped, but I don't consider that "Bunny Hopping".

Your thoughts?

Re: Bunny Hopping (spell?)

Nothing wrong with bunnyhopping, anything to stay alive right?

Comment

Originally posted by =OAK= Matangkad
      Nothing wrong with bunnyhopping, anything to stay alive right?
      well I see alot of people bunny hop and get a group of pepel dis-oriented and then PKM the entire group, that's a little ****ed, but if you're doing it because if you don't you'll die I don't think that should be considered bunny hopping, is there like a concrete definition or is the meaning ones own?

Comment

2 jumps and more = bunny hopping

While I dont exactly like the practice, I dont necessarily think its cheap/lame.

Dolphin divers though (BF2142 doesnt have them )

Comment

Originally posted by raidyr
          Dolphin divers though (BF2142 doesnt have them )
          If you knew anything about BF2, you would know that was taken out in the 1.4 patch

Comment

Originally posted by Monkmonkman
            If you knew anything about BF2, you would know that was taken out in the 1.4 patch
            Wierd, because I still see everything from snipers to support to medics dropping down the second they see me and getting instant accuracy.

Comment

funny thing that going prone is NOT dolphin diving

Comment

funny thing that going prone is NOT dolphin diving
                Yes, because there is a HUGE difference between someone jumping and going prone than someone just going prone. Either way, its still retarded, especially when its a PKM user.

Comment

I bunny hop some days gotta stay alive bunny hop or no bunny hop

Comment

Yes, because there is a HUGE difference between someone jumping and going prone than someone just going prone. Either way, its still retarded, especially when its a PKM user.
                    STILL WRONG

THIS is a dolphin diver http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...phin+bf2&hl=en

dolphin diving is repetedly jumping and going prone interupting the getting up animation with the crouch button. This was removed in 1.4. What you described is a lack of aiming skill on your part.

Comment

consecutive jumps= bunnyhopping. in my opinion of course. however that is really annoying when people do what you explained.

Comment

STILL WRONG

dolphin diving is repetedly jumping and going prone interupting the getting up animation with the crouch button. This was removed in 1.4. What you described is a lack of aiming skill on your part.
                        You care too ****ing much dude

Comment

You care too ****ing much dude
                          Yep

Comment

Originally posted by AudioAtomica
                            ...not sure if I spelled "hopping" right or not...anyways.

I have always considered bunny hopping "Excessive" jumping around like an *******. But today I was on some random server, that wasn't packed and had an awesome ping of 18. (I know clan servers = crap..... but 18 ping! ) So I get on and I'm getting used to shooting with no-scope (I'm usually with the sniper kit) and this time I was using medic and G36E. So to thepoint, I spawned at the suburb flag after being notified that it was going to get capped soon and I spawned nd there was a dude infront of me, and I jump-proned and fired pretty much the entire clip LOL. He wasn't dead so I had to relaod so I got up and ran towards him and jumped when the reload was about done and landed o nthe other side of him and shot his face. And the admin started going (slightly exagerrated for dramtic effect) "ZOMG N00B!!! NO BUNY HOPZZ ZZZOOOOMGG!!!!" so I asked him what constitutes "bunny hopping" in your opinion and he said, "evading fire by jumping, even one jump is bunny hopping noob"

Does anyone agree with that? Now personally if I'm in a fire fight I'll jump hop my *** or whatever to cover if I have to reload, I won't jump around in circles and shoot you every time I land or nade whore, but I use it to generally not get my face raped, but I don't consider that "Bunny Hopping".

Your thoughts?
                            Bunnyhopping, in any game, is the excessive jumping around you mentioned in order to avoid enemy fire, whilst reloading or w/e. Some players fresh from Counterstrike are chronic bunnyhoppers in BF2. Latest stupid *** bunnyhoppers are usually engineers, who take their shot when their feet hit the ground between bunnyhops.

Occasionally hopping as an alternative move, to duck around the corner, or leap over an opponent is not bunnyhopping.

STILL WRONG

Players are usually jump->prone while firing, then stand up and do it again. Though it is much slower than the previous moves before the 1.4 patch, it is just a slower dolphin dive.

Comment

Originally posted by ent|ty
                              Bunnyhopping, in any game, is the excessive jumping around you mentioned in order to avoid enemy fire, whilst reloading or w/e. Some players fresh from Counterstrike are chronic bunnyhoppers in BF2. Latest stupid *** bunnyhoppers are usually engineers, who take their shot when their feet hit the ground between bunnyhops.

Occasionally hopping as an alternative move, to duck around the corner, or leap over an opponent is not bunnyhopping.

Players are usually jump->prone while firing, then stand up and do it again. Though it is much slower than the previous moves before the 1.4 patch, it is just a slower dolphin dive.
                              I think that sums up perfectly my interpretation of bunny hopping.

Comment

Working...
                              X