Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FPS for all, well maybe everyone but me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FPS for all, well maybe everyone but me.

I got conned by the 128meg version of that card when it first came out, cost me £70-80 or so i remember. It said dx9, plays games, blah blah, yet i bought it for Joint Operations and when I installed the card then game I was shocked to see such horrible fps. After a bit of time the full truth came out, the whole fx5xxx range was a complete crock and even the top end model, once the next ATI cards came out was beaten into the ground and everyone who spent so much on one of the FX series cards felt like sending bombs to nvidia in the mail.

Doubt you will be able to take the present card back, you better tell us what other components are in your pc to check whether buying a decent card is to be considered.

You've only said you have an agp slot and 1gig of ram, which ram? ddr1 pc2100, pc2700, pc3200? or ddr2 for a pentium system? what cpu have you got? what motherboard (for 4x/8x agp slot speeds), what power supply unit make and model.

Comment

what video card would be best for me then, ive got a dell dimension 8250 with the stock mother board and price is important, but apparently, i cant cheap out for the 80 dollar one or this happens.

Comment

How much money do you have to spend and where do you live? Also what are your other comp specs? (ie. what CPU, what PSU and what speed of RAM.)

btw, for $80 you could've gotten waaayyyy better. Also video memory means absolutely nothing.

Comment

fvck it, im going all out on this mutha****a http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1082519264724
          ATI RADEON X800 PRO 256MB DDR AGP Graphics Card
          the resident computer expert (in my area) (grenadesniper) said that i only have agp slots and this badboy will work on my computer, comments pertaining to performance of this card before i go buy it?

Comment

Noooooo, Dooont!!!!!! Get this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102071

The X1950 pro is waaaayyyy better than the X800 and is $100 less.

Also best buy ripps you off. You can get any card that they have for waaayyy less.\

Also, with the money you save i would get another 1gb of RAM from newegg. 1gb should be about $100.

Comment

Battlefield 2 only supports the following video cards:
              Radeon X600 (PCIe)
              GeForce 6600 (PCIe)
              GeForce 5800 Series (AGP)
              ATI Radeon X800 XT Platinum Edition
              ATI Radeon X800 PRO
              ATI Radeon 9800 Series
              ATI Radeon 9600 Series
              ATI Radeon 9550 (RV350LX)
              ATI Radeon 9500 / 9700 Series
              ATI Radeon 8500 Series
              ATI Radeon X300 Series
              NVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra
              NVidia GeForce 6800 GT
              NVidia GeForce 6800
              NVidia GeForce FX 5950 Series
              NVidia GeForce FX 5900 Series
              NVidia GeForce FX 5700 Series

and from the reviews it looks like its not incredible
              also, my cpmputer has an old type of ram from about 5 and a half years ago, 2 slots not the same dist from either side, and i think ive got all it can handle (4x256) (or afford cuz they stopped making alot of this type and its hella expensive) (4x256), and either way a gig should be plenty.

Comment

that list was made 1 1/2 years ago. All the new cards are supported. Im 100% sure that the X1950 pro will work.

Get the exact one i linked you.

Originally posted by hebrewhammer14
                and either way a gig should be plenty.
                1gb is NOT enough to run alll high. You need atleast 1.5gb to run all high.

And that graphics card can run BF2 all high, 4xAA and @ 1280x1024(or whatever res u use). The X1950 pro is the BEST agp card.

the X800 is crappy and can only run BF2 on medium, no AA and 1024x768 <<<<<sucks

Comment

1st of all im unsure of what my power supply is and might not be up to code (according to the reviews its a big deal :P)
                  2nd of all my processor is 2.4 and the reviews say 3.0 is necesary
                  3rd of all my resident compy expert (grenadesniper) says to get the previously mentioned one (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1082519264724)
                  lastly how do i check what my power supply is?

Comment

Read the WHOLE post please

Well the so called "expert" is 100% WRONG. Why dont you listen to me, The X1950 pro is waaaayyyyyy better and $100 less than that crappy X800. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102071

Also a 2.4Ghz CPU will run BF2 very close to all high.

Dell powersupplys are pretty good and if you need a new one, i can find one for you.

You have to open the case to and look at the label and and find out the max amps on the 12+V. Also find out the max watts.

also i just looked at grenadesniper's post and he is definately NOT a comp expert. (no offense)

If you want to stay at the same performance as the X800, then get this, but i would still SUGGEST to get the X1950 pro.
                    The X1650 would be better than the X800, but with the same PSU requirements: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102057

Comment

just checked the bottom, "3.0/1.5 A" and "60/50 Hz"

Comment

i meant for the 12+v, not the 5v

Comment

what?

Comment

If he's got a 2,4Ghz processor, he won't get a difference between the x1950 and the x800 anyway, due to the CPU bottlenecking the system.

Comment

A 2.4Ghz CPU will definately not bottleneck it that much. The X800 is crappy anyways.

Comment

Wow next time go to the tech center and post if its good or not

Comment

Working...
                                X