still lowish fps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• still lowish fps

ok yesterday i was getting my knife combat badge (which is pretty hard) and so i lowered my settings to make cqc alot easier

and so i turned off dynamic shadows, dynamic lighting (from medium), and Antia=aliasing (from 2xAA), and then i turned lighting and terrain (from high to low). effects to medium. and the rest of the settings are at medium.

then i went to play, optimized shaders (i cleared them b4) and ok i admit it was a tiny bit smoother, but only a tiny bit. i checked my fps and it was like hovering around 24-35fps which is like only a 4-5 fps boost from my original fps, and the smoothness still felt the same, and i thought that turning off all the eye candy would improve my gameplay by alot.

Re: still lowish fps

get a stick of ram

its struggling with only 1gb

(ive been their and its quite nasty)

Comment

yeah i have 2gb of ram and i noticed that bf2 uses alot of that as it is about 86% i think it was according to my g15 display so the ram should help alot

Comment

With 2gigs installed I've seen different maps take between 900megs and 1300megs. You need memory for other processors running in the background and then a tiny bit of overhead so everythung runs smoothly.

Comment

you dont need 2 gigs i played all high with 1.5..and i got very nice fps

Comment

Yes you do. For the record, if you want to play BF2 completely un-in-hibited the specifications below will work

Comment

ConscriptVirus is only asking how to get more than 35fps not to run on high or to ask for a better machine

Comment

i had to upgrade my cpu to get better fps - i think it was causing a bottleneck - now running everything on high except texture - 2xAA. E6300 cpu - X800XT - 1GB pc3200 ram. now getting anything from 30 - 70 fps

Comment

^ yeah, that's wat i think the problem is. since the game at low settings isnt that graphics intensive, most of the power going into the game mite be coming from my cpu instead of my video card, and my cpu is kindof old.

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus
                    ^ yeah, that's wat i think the problem is. since the game at low settings isnt that graphics intensive, most of the power going into the game mite be coming from my cpu instead of my video card, and my cpu is kindof old.
                    is it one of the old Socket 478's ?

Comment

yep. my dad got it in like 2003 and gave it to me to replace my xeon 2.0ghz

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus
                        yep. my dad got it in like 2003 and gave it to me to replace my xeon 2.0ghz
                        eww aye its old.. ive got one of those in a case at home with RDRAM,

you could be lucky and just have to change the motherboard/cpu you dont have to spend a fortune assuming $150 isnt a fortune

Comment

Working...
                        X