Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some *&$%^# HELP!!

Hey everyone,

Im having some issues with BF2 and need some help. It won't start up, it goes to the splash screen then thats it. If I hit ctrl+alt+del it shows that it's running in processes yet it's not actually showing up on the screen. I've tried everything I can think of, i've reinstalled, re patched and reinstalled video card drivers, de-fragged, checked for malware and spyware and all that other annoying stuff. The only luck I had with it was to reinstall windows and that got it running again once last night, turn my computer on this morning and it wont go again. Before all this it was working fine with the 1.41 patch for a few weeks before christmas, and i've been away on holidays and come back and all of the sudden it wont work. If any of you guys could point me in the right direction as to what is wrong that would be awesome. Ohh and my computer specs if it helps are.... E6600, 7600gt, 2gb ram.

Cheers

Re: I need some *&$%^# HELP!!

Well, I've just had major problems of my own...this is what I did. I did a completely clean format of my HDD...wiped the whole thing clean. Then I just installed what I needed to get a basic system running...

GFX Drivers
    Sound Drivers
    Battlefield 2 with 1.41 patch.

I tried that and everything worked fine. I then installed all the software again, only to find that the problem came back. This got me thinking..perhaps it was one of my software that wqas causing the issue somehow.

So, I uninstalled everything again except the above three things, then went about the task of installing my software 1 by 1, and starting BF2 up after every install...this would allow me to narrow down the culprits.

So far, so good...everything is running smooth and I have most of what I need installed now.

BF2 can be a bit tempremental like that!!!

Comment

Yeah listen to MM prophet. Try out what he said and if that don't work, it might be a hardware problem.

Comment

what OS? has it worked b4 and for how long? When u reinstalled os did u reformat the hard drive?

Comment

Hey all

Well Today I went through and re-installed windows once again and did a complete format of the drive. I installed only the drivers I needed and then installed bf2 and the 1.41 patch. It worked fine to start with, after every program I installed I tried the game and it worked fine, I then installed system mechanic and updated that and not sure if that was the cause but it's doing the same problem, I then uninstalled system mechanic and that didnt fix it. I didn't think it would cause i've been sys mech on my computer ever since had bf2. I'm starting to think it may be copy protection stuff up now though cause I tried launchin the game through xfire and it came up and said ~e5.0001 error. But im still not 100% sure cause i tried through xfire again and never got another error, I just got nothing. Ohh and I run xp pro sp2

Comment

I prefer Diskeeper 10 and XoftSpySE. Never had an issue with them. System Mechanic may have set something up that an uninstall doesn't remove.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilowatt
              Hey everyone,

Im having some issues with BF2 and need some help. It won't start up, it goes to the splash screen then thats it. If I hit ctrl+alt+del it shows that it's running in processes yet it's not actually showing up on the screen. I've tried everything I can think of, i've reinstalled, re patched and reinstalled video card drivers, de-fragged, checked for malware and spyware and all that other annoying stuff. The only luck I had with it was to reinstall windows and that got it running again once last night, turn my computer on this morning and it wont go again. Before all this it was working fine with the 1.41 patch for a few weeks before christmas, and i've been away on holidays and come back and all of the sudden it wont work. If any of you guys could point me in the right direction as to what is wrong that would be awesome. Ohh and my computer specs if it helps are.... E6600, 7600gt, 2gb ram.

Cheers
              lol man do you have that weird process runnning along called ~000.5 or something....if u do then your screwed imo, i ended up reinstalling my windows and bf2 worked. Im pretty sure it happened because i installed that driver patch for SoundBlaster XtremeMusic.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexIsUber
                lol man do you have that weird process runnning along called ~000.5 or something....
                No, actually this is a required process that runs alongside bf2.exe.
                Originally posted by AlexIsUber
                if u do then your screwed imo
                Still, that's technically accurate, depending on your point of view and fondness for the pixel-bullets.

Comment

wel it sounds like Sys Mech is the culprit. I would really try and find an alternative....everything worked fine for you until you installed Sys Mech..then it all went pear-shaped on you.

One thing you might want to try is getting CC Cleaner and ripping out all old files that are no longer associative

Comment

Working...
                  X