Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF?? kord???!

If its nothing new, Lock me

Basically, I was having yet another game on yet another server. nothing was different. Not long after I nearly crash a bomber I see something that makes me take a screen (see attached .jpeg)

Look at my kill of 'eminem07125'. It happened (from what I can tell) when the AH-12 chasing me flew into my parachute, then dropped into the sea. wierd?:|:

Re: WTF?? kord???!

Internally in the game (apart from localized text) Russian 12.7mm machinegun is called Kord, just like in real life.

I have no idea how the game figured you killed him with Kord though, but it happens.

Comment

Is it just an unused name then? ah well............ :laugh:

It looks very much Like the PKM, could it just be an early name for it, or a weapon from earlier versions?

Comment

It is actually used, but kills are always done with the vehicle, not the MG itself, like T90 or FAV. Now is you kill someone with FAV's .50 cal but your vehicle gets killed before target gets destroyed (on fire, crashes), it may report you killed him by the weapon mounted in the vehicle as children. That's one reason why sometimes kills have strange names, like hellfire (tv-missile)

And btw, tank drivers secondary weapon (mounted next to cannon) is a PKM, and in real life it can be dismounted and used as emergency weapon if tank gets destroyed.

Comment

WTF?????......

Comment

Originally posted by LuckySeven
            It is actually used, but kills are always done with the vehicle, not the MG itself, like T90 or FAV. Now is you kill someone with FAV's .50 cal but your vehicle gets killed before target gets destroyed (on fire, crashes), it may report you killed him by the weapon mounted in the vehicle as children. That's one reason why sometimes kills have strange names, like hellfire (tv-missile)

And btw, tank drivers secondary weapon (mounted next to cannon) is a PKM, and in real life it can be dismounted and used as emergency weapon if tank gets destroyed.
            Very interesting, thanks

Comment

A hellfire, and TV missile are two different things! Hellfires are the "dumb" rockets, whereas the TV guided, is guided.

Comment

Well the other day on my server I was killed with a .25mm gun or MG or whatever...

Comment

Originally posted by brianthebold
                  A hellfire, and TV missile are two different things! Hellfires are the "dumb" rockets, whereas the TV guided, is guided.
                  You must have been mistaken. Here:

ObjectTemplate.create GenericFireArm AHE_AH1Z_CoGunner_HellFireLauncherTV

And Chinese chopper actually fires beefed up HJ-8's, the MEC/China tripod-mounted AT missile. Don't remember about Mi-28, but I guess it's the same. It's rather interesting what there's "under the hood" to tell the truth, there's a lot stuff what never made it into the game or was only partially utilized. And then there are lots of shortcuts Dice took to to release game earlier.

And the 25 MM gun is US APC's cannon I think.

Comment

Checkout this thread. We did some testing and was able to replicate it from an online round we had, to get all the different kill messages. This thread explains it all.

Comment

You must have been mistaken. Here:

ObjectTemplate.create GenericFireArm AHE_AH1Z_CoGunner_HellFireLauncherTV

And Chinese chopper actually fires beefed up HJ-8's, the MEC/China tripod-mounted AT missile. Don't remember about Mi-28, but I guess it's the same. It's rather interesting what there's "under the hood" to tell the truth, there's a lot stuff what never made it into the game or was only partially utilized. And then there are lots of shortcuts Dice took to to release game earlier.

And the 25 MM gun is US APC's cannon I think.
                      Ok, they are graphically the same, but the hellfires are dumb rockets, not guided. This will show it:

Helicopter Specifications:
                      (USMC) AH-1Z Cobra
                      Pilot controls:
                      4 Canisters of 8 - hellfire missiles
                      Gunner controls:
                      20mm nose mounted cannon
                      8 - Optically guided anti-tank missile

Source: http://www.secretsofbattlefield.com/heliguide.php

Comment

I think it means that person got ownd so bad they put KORD

Comment

Most hellfire missiles are laser guided requiring the target to be painted. The exception being the Longbow version of the Hellfire which is fire and forget.

Comment

Perhaps in real life, but in the game, the dumb fire rockets are considered the hellfire. But it is not worth arguing over, so so be it.

Comment

Originally posted by brianthebold
                              Ok, they are graphically the same, but the hellfires are dumb rockets, not guided. This will show it:

Helicopter Specifications:
                              (USMC) AH-1Z Cobra
                              Pilot controls:
                              4 Canisters of 8 - hellfire missiles
                              Gunner controls:
                              20mm nose mounted cannon
                              8 - Optically guided anti-tank missile

Source: http://www.secretsofbattlefield.com/heliguide.php
                              that site is wrong and so is so many other people here, the guide missile on the ah is infact the hellfire weapons system, google it. the rockets are just hydras

Comment

Working...
                              X