BF2 not using entire screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 not using entire screen

Using Dell 6000D laptop, native resolution 1680x1050. I Used to be able to run BF2 in 1024x768 full screen, stretched just fine.

Recently reinstalled windows XP and new ATI drivers. Now when I launch BF2, it only takes up the middle 1024x768 portion of the screen. It used to fill the entire screen, stretched. What am I doing wrong?

Re: BF2 not using entire screen

Change your RES

Comment

I've been running it in 800x600, but it's still only using the middle section of the screen. Every resolution looks like that.

Comment

The tech faq stickie here: http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85898
        may be of help. Modify the below to match your desired resolution. Don't worry so much about the cause of the problem not matching. I believe in this case, the answer below is your answer.

Problem - Widescreen Guide for BF2
        Cause - BF2 not Supporting Widescreen
        Fix - From http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78473
        Well I saw a lot of people asking and this will just end all the question topics. Its very simple however most people don't know how to do it. The only downside to this is it will cut off a little bit off the top and bottom. However its so little you can't even tell and doesn't remove any of your GUI.
        So this is what you need to do:
        Right click on your Battlefield 2 icon on the desktop, click on properties on the part where it says target, add +szx 1920 +szy 1200 (Or whatever your resolution is). So it looks like this ...
        "C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1920 +szy 1200
        NOTE: Some may also need to do this however only do this if the first fails. In most cases this can be ignored but I have seen some that need this.
        Navigate to: "My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\Default\Video.con"
        Find line: VideoSettings.setResolution 1600x1200@75Hz (Or whatever your resolution is at)
        You can either change this line to something like 800x600@60Hz, or just stick "rem " in front of the whole mess so that it is ignored by BF2. (You'll be overriding it with shortcut parameters anyway)

Comment

Working...
        X