Battlerecorder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlerecorder

I was playing on a battle recorder server last night and downloaded the battlerecorder files off the server straight after the match, what I want to know is where the files are kept, because a friend wants to edit the match into a movie but he's got all the editing software on his computer, he has battlefield 2 aswell so it should work, correct me if I'm wrong.

Re: Battlerecorder

You have to use Fraps while watching the .demo in BF2 tp record you movie, then edit it in a standalone editting software. You used to be able to use Battlelauncher, but it wasn't supported after 1.3. This also means you have to edit your files to remove name tags and HUDs, and then change them back when you want to play. WMP, WMM, Vegas, no other programs will play .demo files.

This site...http://www.gamerztheatre.com/index.p...d=26&Itemid=61

Used to have an awesome tutorials for BF2, but I don't see it there anymore, maybe you can post on their forums for a link to it, or another. There's also a program called Battledirector there, that maybe the successor to Battlelauncher, going to have to check that out.

But anyway, the demo files are in My Documents > Battlefield 2 > Profiles > Default > demos

Comment

Thanks, my friend has fraps, but i'll try that other stuff as well

Comment

Yeah I hate hwo you have to use fraps

Comment

how do you get Battlerecorder ive searched and no luck

Comment

Go to community tab, download the file in the left box. After that click on the file in the right box and hit play.

If the server hs BR enable and configed right it will load

Comment

Yes you can transfer BR files from 1 PC to another no probs. The files are kept in My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\Default\demos. If your friend places the BR files in there he can load up BF2 goto the community tab and then you will see them in the right hand column as a downloaded BR file. Click on it then click play, then you can fraps it.

EDIT: Off topic:
              P.S go to bed PSI :laugh:

Comment

you have to use Fraps? that kinda stinks, cause i dont have it. does it cost money to get fraps?

Comment

Originally posted by bladecx321
                  you have to use Fraps? that kinda stinks, cause i dont have it. does it cost money to get fraps?
                  You can download the trial version, pretty much the same except I think your videos have www.fraps.com across the top.

btw, where did you get your screen name from?

Comment

Originally posted by Touch my balls
                    You can download the trial version, pretty much the same except I think your videos have www.fraps.com across the top.
                    That and you can only record 30secs at a time. Retail version costs $25US from memory, well worth the money.

Comment

Originally posted by <<R2>>Capt.HKS
                      That and you can only record 30secs at a time. Retail version costs $25US from memory, well worth the money.
                      Sounds about right, and that 30 second clip will take up 300GB of HD space.

Comment

I'm thinking of a word starting with 'W' and ending with 'Z'. I won't say it though, prolly get banned for doing so...:laugh:

Comment

Well, you can do it the old fashioned way
                          http://www.ea.com/official/battlefie...date_061005_02
                          if you really cant afford Fraps, but i think for the sake of simplicity get Fraps.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. bzb
                            Well, you can do it the old fashioned way
                            http://www.ea.com/official/battlefie...date_061005_02
                            if you really cant afford Fraps, but i think for the sake of simplicity get Fraps.
                            That's how I had to do the last few I did, omg I loved Battlelauncher R.I.P. Have you used BattleDirector or whatever it is?

Comment

Working...
                            X