8800 GTX - Turning lag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8800 GTX - Turning lag?

I've looked around, and have not come across this problem yet, so here it goes.

I just noticed today that my framerate has a very large drop (like from around 100 to 15) whenever I start turning a lot. This only happens if I try to turn quickly from side to side or continuious circles. Still, theoretically, this should not be happening on my system.

Specs:

E6600 Core 2 Duo
    eVGA 680i SLI
    eVGA 8800 GTX
    Corsair XMS2 2GB 800-mhz (SLI certified)
    Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum
    OCZ GameXStream 700-watt PSU

I have the settings set REALLY high (1600x1200, 4xAA, all maxed), but that should not matter. This card has a 768mb frame buffer, so that's out of the question.

Is anyone out there having the same problem as me or know of a fix to this? This does not happen on any other games (which includes BF2142) to my knowledge.

Re: 8800 GTX - Turning lag?

Hmm thats werid.

Comment

UPDATE:

I just restarted BF2, and got onto my favorite 64-man server, and noticed that even though 4xAA was enabled, it was not showing up on screen (which is odd). Anyway, behold, the "turning lag" is gone.

More testing is necessary. I'll report back when I have more results.

UPDATE:

I got AA working again. Apparently, the BF2.exe game profile on the Nvidia control panel had Transparency AA enabled. I do remember turning that on, but I turned it off last weekend. Well anyway, I set everything back to application controled, and started the game back up, and now I only get "turning lag" if I continuiously turn 360's for about 3-5 seconds (which I don't do that when playing anyway)

I guess this is just another glitch in BF2 that EA didn't bother to iron out.

Comment

Sometimes you have to restart the game to enable AA.

Comment

yea you have to restart the game completely to enable AA it should give you a message saying that unless you didnt press apply?

Comment

Also you did do a fresh install of windows right? And have you cleaned out your mods folders cache. to get there this is the route \My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache
            Delete everything in there. And then start up bf2 again.

Comment

Originally posted by AgentJadeD.CA
              Also you did do a fresh install of windows right? And have you cleaned out your mods folders cache. to get there this is the route \My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache
              Delete everything in there. And then start up bf2 again.
              Fresh install of windows? Surely you're kidding me....

I've had this computer put together for just a little over a week. If there's one thing I don't need, it's a fresh install. It already is fresh! In fact, it's so fresh that I haven't even put my copy of Windows XP MCE away yet. It's still on my desk! :laugh:

BTW, I've already cleared out the settings in BF2. I've set it at the settings you saw. That was my original configuration for this system.

Comment

Going to sound weird but I got the same card. I found out the lower things are the crappier the frame-rates are in game. So I turn it all up the higher it gets. Its odd, but it may have something to do with those stream processors, and stuff on it.

Comment

Working...
                X