Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• creating LAN game

might sound stupid, but here goes...

i, 100%, have no idea how to set up a LAN game.

yeah, you can stop laughing now...

what should i be doing?
    there's the option of:
    • creating LAN game through the original "Play Battlefield 2" program
    • opening the other program "Play BF2 Online Now!"
    • using the other program "Launch BF2 Standalone Server"

and i tried doing that standalone server program.. does one of the computer need to act as the server? and when my friend tried to get into my LAN game, it said that the version is older than the current version or something...

please, help me... i was really hoping to play BF2 with my friends... that's pretty much why i bought the game...

just tell me everything that i need (and if possible, what i don't need) to know...

Re: creating LAN game

Go into Play Battlefield 2.

Go to Multiplayer button.

Go to Create Local.

Create a local map.

Your buddy (who is ON your network) will do the same as above except he will JOIN local instead of create. He should see the server a minute of so after you create it.

This will just be for the two of you on your LAN.

If you want to play with 100's of others on the internet, that would just be you going to Muliplayer then Internet and joining a server and your buddy doing the same and joining the same server.

if you want to play against bots on a lan with your buddy, thats the Coop mode in singleplayer. I only do multi so I cant walk you through that.

Since I had forgot to initially laugh, I will do so now in my best Neslon Muntz: Haa haa (points).

Simon

Comment

so what exactly does the "Standalone Server" program do?

i'm assuming "server" means an internet game, right?

Comment

the standalone server will allow you to make a lan game with bots to fight agesnt as far as i remember ive only done it once before, the versions thing you mentioned do you both have patch 1.41 installed??

Comment

Nope,

The stand alone server allows you to host your own unranked server. You can't play on it from the computer running it. Others can log into your computer and play on it and you are the admin. No one will join to play as this link from a home broadband ISP is usually only fast enough to host three to perhaps four players, and again, it's unranked.

Comment

okay....

yes, all of us are tip-top version... patch 1.41..

okay, from what i understand, the standalone server hosts a slow server, but i can't play... okay.

so what's the difference between unranked and ranked? ranked is better, right?
            how to i make a ranked server?
            that BF2 card/picture that Munk_Madness has, that's from a ranked server, right?

Comment

Working...
            X