Weird screeny of Karkand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird screeny of Karkand

Went on to my usual server last night and the map was Karkand. The whole layout was weird, like water, and could see through certain buildings and walls etc.

Anyone else had this.

The map was still the same like i would walk up hills but you couldnt see them

I've put this in here and not media as it is more of a fault but obviosuly move if so

Re: Weird screeny of Karkand

H4X!!!!
    Not really, more likely to be a server problem, or a glitch with your graphics mate.
    Did you have the snag on other servers at all?

Comment

Turn the goddamned anti-aliasing on, and I've had this, it happens when forcing 6xAA through the forceware drivers. It's kinda a wall hack, that is to say if you were on top of a building and looked down, you could probably see people there.

Don't know why anyone would even play like that though.

Comment

Originally posted by lamri35UK
        H4X!!!!
        Not really, more likely to be a server problem, or a glitch with your graphics mate.
        Did you have the snag on other servers at all?
        Nope, never had it before or after, logged off and back on and seemed to be ok. That's the 1st time in 800 hours. Will check graphic settings again.

I could see people through hills and walls but doesnt help as you can't see anything that would stop bullets between them or not. Stayed on for a few minutes, got a couple of screenies but i was more concerned about me graphics card being buggered to play the game.

Comment

I've got a XFX 7800GT o/c type thing, and have no problems at all untill I feck about with AA, then I have all sorts of weird crap going on in BF2.
          I leave it off these days (well, in "Application Controlled" in the Nvidia panel).

Comment

that happened to me when i minimized BF2 while the map was loading.

Comment

thats so wierd and you need a new graphics card.

Comment

This has nothing to do with your graphics card.

It has everything to do with your connection to the server. I suggest either reconnecting, or finding another server.

Comment

Just a bug peeps

Comment

Originally posted by Dairuka
                    This has nothing to do with your graphics card.

It has everything to do with your connection to the server. I suggest either reconnecting, or finding another server.
                    Well, you seem to be well aware of things. lamri said it, it's AA. If you force AA through drivers, not in game options land disappears. Also if you change the setting while game is running same thing happens. If it happens everytime, either turn off AA, try removing shader cache, update drivers and so on...

Comment

Originally posted by LuckySeven
                      Well, you seem to be well aware of things. lamri said it, it's AA. If you force AA through drivers, not in game options land disappears. Also if you change the setting while game is running same thing happens. If it happens everytime, either turn off AA, try removing shader cache, update drivers and so on...
                      He hasn't stated that he changed the settings. So it's safe to assume that hes been playing with these settings for a long time now.

He stated this is a one time deal, as it was the first time it ever happened.

He stated that he was playing on the same server as he has played on for a long time now.

He did not state what video card he has. Instead, it was somebody else who was 'relating' to his problems by saying that 'weird stuff' happens, when he tweaks with Anti-Aliasing, on a certain video card. Of course, "Weird stuff" could be anything, such as rainbow coloured terrain, pixel boxes enlarging on the field, or dissapearing tricks with non-moving objects like the burning car in Karkand.

Regarding bazzamattaza, I'd say the chance of this being a video card related problem is low at best.

My guess is that since he didn't specifically ask for help regarding the bug; that it's a blemish that cleared up on it's own. Probably by doing what I myself suggested, and by reconnecting to the server. It sounds like an issue started by our age old friend known as Packet Loss.

What you're doing is diagnosing a problem that doesn't seem to be reoccurring. That'd be like a doctor telling a person with a sore back, that he has sciatica, and suggesting surgery within two minutes of noticing a back spasm.

Comment

Originally posted by Dairuka
                        He hasn't stated that he changed the settings. So it's safe to assume that hes been playing with these settings for a long time now.

He stated this is a one time deal, as it was the first time it ever happened.

He stated that he was playing on the same server as he has played on for a long time now.

He did not state what video card he has. Instead, it was somebody else who was 'relating' to his problems by saying that 'weird stuff' happens, when he tweaks with Anti-Aliasing, on a certain video card. Of course, "Weird stuff" could be anything, such as rainbow coloured terrain, pixel boxes enlarging on the field, or dissapearing tricks with non-moving objects like the burning car in Karkand.

Regarding bazzamattaza, I'd say the chance of this being a video card related problem is low at best.

My guess is that since he didn't specifically ask for help regarding the bug; that it's a blemish that cleared up on it's own. Probably by doing what I myself suggested, and by reconnecting to the server. It sounds like an issue started by our age old friend known as Packet Loss.

What you're doing is diagnosing a problem that doesn't seem to be reoccurring. That'd be like a doctor telling a person with a sore back, that he has sciatica, and suggesting surgery within two minutes of noticing a back spasm.
                        Aye pretty much, cheers everyone else for the help though

Like Dairuka said was a one off. Last time i changed the settings was about 2 months ago.

Server is ok, never had a prob before.

Comment

OMFG Hacker hacker no probly just a glitch just rejoin it and it will be fine

Comment

Originally posted by bazzamattaza
                            Went on to my usual server last night and the map was Karkand. The whole layout was weird, like water, and could see through certain buildings and walls etc.

Anyone else had this.

The map was still the same like i would walk up hills but you couldnt see them

I've put this in here and not media as it is more of a fault but obviosuly move if so

lolz funny

Comment

Working...
                            X