Adware-url gen from BF2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adware-url gen from BF2

Everytime I do a virus scan the only 2 things that keep popping up are Adware-url.gens from BF2 and BF2 SF (I have the deluxe edition).

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2 Deluxe Edition\Battlefield 2\Play Battlefield 2 Online with GameSpy Arcade.url

I'm sure some guy with a fancy law degree on his wall will say, "You agreed to the license agreement" in a high pitch stuffed nosed voice.

Has anyone removed these url's? Will it effect the PunkBuster scan if I remove them, possibly resulting in a ban or having to reinstall the game?

Re: Adware-url gen from BF2

Its just your virus protection showing how stupid they are... Just ignore them. Google AVG or AVAST those are free very good virus protectors. Whats your current 1?

Comment

That's about as much adware as Microsoft linking to Windows Update in XP.

Comment

I had problems with the free AV programs everyone was suggesting and have instead gone to the AOL/Kaspersky virus shield that is given out free instead. Kaspersky has proved to be the best AV for me in the past and this free version is quite functional.

Comment

u can remove them i think. gamespy arcade is totally uneccesary and my virus scanner also told me that there was bad stuff from the gamespy arcade stuff.

Comment

I never installed gamespy. Spy is built into the name. Figured why bother.

Comment

GamespyWare

Comment

Working...
              X