game does not open <HELP> [demo]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• game does not open <HELP> [demo]

i downloaded bf2 and bf2 2142 the demoes , just to see if the game wored ok on my comp so i could go and buy it . but , wen i double click any of the games , it opens a fullscreen black screen for about 2 secs , den a black 3/4 screen for 2 secs, den closes. this happens to both the games . i dunno wants going on . but wen i use 2142 game , an error occurs reading ..

AppName: bf2142.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: renddx9.dll
    ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00017310

via that xp "dont send" error thingo . and it reads other stuff on the bottom which i cbb to type.

Im running
    MS Windows XP SP2
    Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.00 GHz
    1.0GB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce 6200 TurboCacheā„¢

as far as i can read, thats enough to run BF2 and what not !! so whats going on!? help PLEASE , wasted about 2gigs downloading these demoes
    --------
    i have another game Gunbound , when i try to open that
    i get this error

: Message Code : 310
    No 3D Video card found or low driver version.
    Please try again after installing the latest Video card driver.

OK , the game use to run perfectly , i just uninstalled it cuz a virus, and after some time i reinstalled it .. i have the most up-to-date driver found on nvidias website , forceware v90 or sumfin . so i have no idea what is going on

Re: game does not open &lt;HELP&gt; [demo]

Your GPU is ???????????
    I dont think it will cut it mate, sorry.

Edit... i think it needs shader2 support? Your card not got that

Comment

ah my god are you serious !? =[ ..... but my mate runs on GeForce 5 or sumfin , and it works , SIGH~~~~

Comment

NVIDIA GeForce 6200 TurboCacheā„¢

I think ^this may be your problem. Usually BF2 and BF2142 will not start up at all if the video card is unable to handle the game. Thats what happened to me. If the card and computer is known to be able to handle the game, then there may be a problem with installation or patching.

Comment

awww kk , thx thx . wel lwas the lastest nvidia card that supports the game ?

and will battlefield 1942 work with my vid card or not

Comment

Battlefield 1942 will definitly work it only requires a 32MB video card. Here is a list of all the video cards compatible with Battlefield 2.

As you can see the 6200 series is not supported by the game. It doesnt matter what Nvidia drivers you have, I'm afraid you will have to purchase a new one.

Comment

Working...
            X