So what exactly am I doing wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what exactly am I doing wrong?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Any good jet pilots here willing to watch my video and give me some tips? As the video shows, I completely blow using a joystick compared to KB/M. I know, practice makes perfect, but I've been practicing since XMas lol.

Re: So what exactly am I doing wrong?

that is most definitly not long enough unless you mean christmas a YEAR ago, it takes time and patience, holy crap its not insant gratification.
    1st thing i noticed was dropped flares way too soon.
    2nd thing didnt slow down to get max repair over runway
    last thing (i stopped watching after 2 min) you flew in a straight line away from missiles, you were trying to spin around, you need to swerve out of the way not just spin around.

Comment

There are a LOT of guides about flying, dogfighting and bombing in BF2. Read all of them. Practice offline a LOT. Be able to land. Not that you will land a lot, but you should have that kind of control of your aircraft in a non-combat situation.

Be paranoid. Learn how to look behind you and then return to forward view. Look over your shoulder a LOT. Don't fly around in Missle mode. You are just warning people you are behind them. Sneak up on them in bomb mode and try to wound them or kill them with the guns first. Switch to missles to finish the job.

If someone is on your tail, do NOT fly in a straight line. Learn how to do at least one evasive maneuver and DO IT. Immelman is a good one to start with. Look on the same page for Split-S and make that your second one.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane.CAD
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=hftC1IAznMw

Any good jet pilots here willing to watch my video and give me some tips? As the video shows, I completely blow using a joystick compared to KB/M. I know, practice makes perfect, but I've been practicing since XMas lol.
        I had a hard time seeing what was going on, but the number one thing I saw was your cannon usage. Don't forget the bullets have drop. You typically started shooting @ a target at 250+. Such a range requires that you aim above the target a bit. That's why you were not killing the AA-mobiles in a single pass. Also, to learn to bomb; start with attack angles of at least 45 degrees. You were around 30 degrees in the video which requires lots of practice to hit every time.

My 2 cents.

Rocker

Comment

I didnt really see any difference. Your flying style is very similar, its just your a tad more comfortable with the mouse. Joysticks take awhile to learn just like your trying to fly the first time all over again. I suggest practicing more. Have you configured your joystick to your liking?

Comment

There isn't a definitive answer to what is better: joystick or mouse keyboard.

Use what you feel most comfortable with.

Comment

Ask metalica anything and I bet he can answer it aslong as it is a jet Q.

Comment

Working...
              X