This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CoD clan - just a heads up to all

Hi people, firstly an apology, I know these sorts of threads aren't popular reading - so if you don't want to hear about childish admins, stop reading now.

Now, onto my post:

Ok, where to start, I decided tonight to play a spot of BF2, and rather than wait for the server list to populate, I pick one of my 'favorite' servers; the ones bookmarked.

Anyway, off my list I decide to play on the CoD clan server "www.countdown-of-death.de", located at 82.192.78.83:17567, think the map was Jalalabad to start with, but eventually moved to Karkand.
    I notice most of the clan players are on the losing team for the three games I played, iirc, think it was 2x Jalalabad and 1x Karkand - the latter being the round I was kicked, and then banned. This may be part of the reason for how they behaved?

Now, being British and not knowing a word of German, I can't exactly hold a conversation with these guys, but I think everyone can get the gist of server rules; one here mentions that commanders should not fly (I'm guessing drive etc too).
    Fair one I think, I only plan to play (poorly) sniper tonight, but when it got to Karkand I decided I'd play the engineer class, fancied a spot of landmine death for the US armor

So, the round starts and I spawn at the last MEC flag (just over the bridges - Gatehouse I think it's called?), and I have already sussed where my mines are going - one near the bride on-ramp by train accident, one in the water crossing, one at the top of the ramp from the water crossing, and one either end of the ramps to the flag. Sorted.

Now having played many rounds on Karkand (regarless of forgetting flag names) I recall other MEX commanders hiding in some buildings near the Gatehouse (?) flag, so I do just that.

Game is roughly 10 minutes in and one of the CoD guys has already hit a mine, when my scan picks one someone near my position, who has supposedly just swam from the recently capped (by the US) train flag.
    Being only a few yards from this guy I run out and shotgun him to death - dead sniper, but also another CoD clan member killed by me.

It was shortly after the above that I was kicked - reason in the PB window said something along the lines of "commanders play/command only" - strange, thought I was doing that (UAV scans and all!)
    So thankfully I get to re-connect, but end up on the US team. I must say at this point I did think about shouting (well typing) at them for an answer, then tking for fun - but I do pride myself in a little sportsmanship.

The MEC were a player down so I switch sides, oooh and the commander spot is open, so I take it and start at gatehouse, and proceed to start dropping mines - this 5.1 is handy for letting me hear far away sounds, especially the US Lav-25 who is just coming to cap the Gatehouse.

Sadly the Lav runs me down before my mine arms, so I spawn as spec ops, and lucky for me not only is the Lav not looking at me, but his passenger is out fixing him - a quick prove and he's dead, followed by a mad dash and C4 death for the other guy. This may have sealed my fate - two more CoD guys down

So, to cut a long post a little shorter, I eventually got to respawn as an engy and planned to lay some nice traps for the next Lav run; but the 'injustice' of earlier was still playing on my mind so I took the oppertunity to ask the admins what I did?

So my questions went so:

"Any COD speak English?"
    <think I then added something about being kicked>
    "That's BFROE admin abuse CoD guys"
    "I was banned for not commanding when I was?"

Now, I did get replies from two of the CoD guys, in English, I don't recall what, but it was possibly an answer to my kick; basically I think they said I wasn't commanding.

So, report submitted and screenshot attached - sadly I didn't get one for the kick, but hey ho, nothing will be done about this - just good to let other players know how poor the CoD admin are.

Phew sorry for the mega post, if you made it this far well done, have a JD and coke on me

Scort.

** Sorry for typos, or coming across as a whiney twunt, but I like the populus on this forum and wanted to warn you lot

Re: CoD clan - just a heads up to all

stay off stupid clanservers..........

Comment

Originally posted by zipp0r
      stay off stupid clanservers..........
      That's the thing, I had bookmarked it as it was fairly decent to play in, previous to this of course, guess I just played when the CoD lot weren't in :laugh:

Scort.

Comment

you have no excuse when the jolt city map server always has players.

its probably only 1 in 100 clanservers that are decent to play on

Comment

Originally posted by zipp0r
          you have no excuse when the jolt city map server always has players.

its probably only 1 in 100 clanservers that are decent to play on
          Sounds good mate, I'll have to look it up

Scort.

Comment

There are clans and there are "clans". And then there are more or less loose communities. Clans don't host ranked servers, why would they do that?

But anyway, I can't see a singe spotting or spotted enemy on your map, not even UAV or arty. Sorry to say, you deserve to be kicked, no matter for what reason. And you even had time to take screenshots. And are you sure there were not any CoD members on your side frustrated with your commanding? If US gets the train flag it's only and alone commanders fault in Karkand.

And regardless what happened, if you're arrogant enough enough to say
            "That's BFROE admin abuse CoD guys", you should be banned. You realize it's their server, they choose who plays there.

And all the servers of the clans I know are very decent indeed. Even big ranked ones.

Comment

I think CoD was just upset that Scort was helping defend the Gatehouse. Hey...commanders have guns too, they should use them!

Comment

I haven't played karkand or j-bad in awhile been playing on N2K's server wich is all air and I must say I don't miss either maps guess that I would move on to a better server with some admins that are nice and you can make friends with.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckySeven
                  But anyway, I can't see a singe spotting or spotted enemy on your map, not even UAV or arty. Sorry to say, you deserve to be kicked, no matter for what reason. And you even had time to take screenshots. And are you sure there were not any CoD members on your side frustrated with your commanding? If US gets the train flag it's only and alone commanders fault in Karkand.

And regardless what happened, if you're arrogant enough enough to say
                  "That's BFROE admin abuse CoD guys", you should be banned. You realize it's their server, they choose who plays there.
                  I'm just going to comment on these two points in your reply.

Firstly the screenshot (count it - 1!) was taken very hastily, as I didn't realise I was going to be banned, so had to do a clipboard grab as the BF2 screenie system missed it.

Now, I know I posted a lot to read, but if you had bothered to do so, you would have found that this screenshot was taken shortly after I had to take out the CoD guys who arrived in a Lav25.
                  Good commander or not, are you really telling me that you would be happy to stand in the open (where I spawned) and start commanding, knowing full well that the engine noise you are hearing near-by is that of a Lav (very very close)? If you answer yes to that you're a worse commander than me imo.

Up until my first kick and the resulting ban, I was doing a pretty good job commanding, I was putting out orders, UAVs and supply drops, to an entire team that didn't ask for anything once during the round.
                  You will also notice that my team control mostly all the flags, and aside from the odd attack in the rear (the lav 25, the CoD guy in the jeep who hit my mine and the train crash being capped), we were doing fairly well; even with one of the CoD guys on my side.

As for the MEC losing the train flag being the commanders fault, how do you come to that conclusion? I put a mine near the bridge at that flag in the hope of stopping someone coming to Gatehouse, but if I tell near-by squads to go attack the train flag as it is being capped, even giving them a UAV and supply drop, and they ignore my orders - what can I do? You read what happened when I killed the CoD sniper near my hiding spot before the kick!

Secondly, I don't think I was being arrogant in saying what I said, all ranked servers are supposedly bound to the BFROE and should follow the guidelines thus. I didn't have a problem doing this when I used to admin servers, and I think this just goes a little way to show how much people think of the ROE.

Scort.

Originally posted by -FaKe|Arson
                  I think CoD was just upset that Scort was helping defend the Gatehouse. Hey...commanders have guns too, they should use them!
                  Who knows, I just couldn't get over how childish they were, but I'm happy to say this is only the first real instance of admin abuse I have personally seen.

Scort.

Originally posted by 7man
                  I haven't played karkand or j-bad in awhile been playing on N2K's server wich is all air and I must say I don't miss either maps guess that I would move on to a better server with some admins that are nice and you can make friends with.
                  That's just the thing, up until last night I have never really had any problems with either map and quite enjoy them due to the urban setting - not as good as Mastuur though

Anyway, lesson learnt and favorite removed.

Scort.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X