a long dormant CTD problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a long dormant CTD problem

I just re-installed BF2 and patched it. It works fine up until I try to login, then it CTD's. I searched the forum but can't find anything that helps. Before the re-install it worked fine but something is up now. Any suggestions? My system specs if you need them:

Athlon 64 X2 3800+ @ 2.0GHz
    1.5GB RAM
    eVGA GeForce 7600GT

Re: a long dormant CTD problem

possibly a bad patch, did you check to make sure you had full file after dl?

edit, a ctd after login might also be video driver related may want to try and update (or roll back) those drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by megawhompertoo
      possibly a bad patch, did you check to make sure you had full file after dl?

edit, a ctd after login might also be video driver related may want to try and update (or roll back) those drivers.
      Just to add to that, if your going to change GPU drivers make sure you use 'driver cleaner' google it.. uninstall old drivers then run driver cleaner, reboot then install new drivers. It can help

Comment

My Doctor said that the chronic CTD's from BF2 will only end when I stop playing BF2! He also suggested 2 doses of older games from Activision or Novalogic and to resume console gaming.

Comment

Have you installed the latest AMD Dual Core driver?
          Latest AMD Dual Core Optimizer?
          Version 4 of the MS dual core hotfix?

Comment

A full manual uninstall of SF did the trick, the drivers turned out to be fine. Thanks for all the help.

Comment

Working...
            X