Wierd Glitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wierd Glitch

well when ever i seem to get into any close quarters combat my screeen freezes and all the little icons start making clones untill like 10-20 seconds later when all the action is gone, or, usualy when im dead, it happens alot around grenades, tanks, when i die usually, please, help me, other then that, the game runs at a good fps, can somone please help me...? thanks.

specs:
    Amd 3200+ 1.8Ghz(oc'd to 2.0)
    ATI radeon 9550 128 mb
    768 mb of ddr ram
    xp-sp2 DX9c
    onboard sound

Re: Wierd Glitch

Hey man, you definitly need more RAM and a better video card. You can't play bf2 properly on the best specs, dont expect to play it on those. Consider getting 1.5-2gig ram and a newer graphics card.

Comment

I'm with mrbinum on this one. Definatly more ram and a better graphics card.

Comment

hmmm, well when i first got this game, it worked fine, up untill all of these patches and shist.

Comment

Originally posted by 5LUG
          hmmm, well when i first got this game, it worked fine, up untill all of these patches and shist.
          ram is fine. 9550 is slow, but it will scale fine if you drop the res to 800x600, settings on low except view distance and (maybe) geometries to max (you might have tone these down, too), with ALL lighting/shadow effects OFF and no AA.

i was using a 9600xt when bf2 came out. not pretty, but still pretty fun.

try the standard stuff if it has just started giving you problems: defrag your hd, make sure you haven't installed anything recently that is hogging up your memory/cpu cycles in the background(<--this is most likely what is happening), etc.

Comment

Geometry and view distance work together. Geometry sets how far things in the distance render, so setting this to low and view distance to high(or vise versa) would be pretty pointless.

Comment

well, this is what i have, i think thats not to bad, am i rite?

Comment

Working...
              X